Taffy, OPTIONS requests, and Hypermedia

Matthew Reinbold

Jan 2, 2014, 5:19:59 PM1/2/14
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
I am currently evaluating ColdFusion frameworks for a RESTful Hypermedia implementation. Currently when I attempt an OPTIONS request to a known resource I get the error:

"405 - HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed."

The error is formatted similar to that of my server, IIS, and not ColdFusion (there is nothing in the ColdFusion logs. Does Taffy support the OPTIONS verb and this is a misconfiguration with the server? Or is IIS bubbling up the correct error?

In Windows Server 2008 R2, when I click on the cfm and cfc site handler mappings, click 'edit', select 'request restrictions', and click on the 'verbs' tab the option for "All verbs" is selected.

Adam Tuttle

Jan 2, 2014, 5:45:35 PM1/2/14
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
Taffy definitely does support the OPTIONS verb. It also has a setting that allows you to explicitly allow CORS AJAX requests by sending back the appropriate headers for the OPTIONS request.

Sounds like IIS configuration needs to be changed.

HTH,
Adam