Error accessing dashboard "Illegal target of jump or branch"

Brook Davies

Jul 24, 2015, 7:25:11 PM7/24/15
to Taffy Users
Hello!

I am getting this error when accessing the dashboard.

(class: cfdashboard2ecfm973374846, method: _factor7 signature:
(Ljavax/servlet/jsp/tagext/Tag;Ljavax/servlet/jsp/JspWriter;)Ljava/lang/Object;)

Illegal target of jump or branch

If I delete the contents of dashboard/dashboard.cfm the error goes away and I get the expected blank page.  The full errror can be seen here:
http://screencast.com/t/YwVp8hER

My API lives in a seperate folder from the Taffy/core stuff but everything else seems to work fine. This is on CF9 on windows..

Anybody have any ideas or seen this before? Its a strange one...

Brook

Brook Davies

Jul 24, 2015, 7:27:47 PM7/24/15
to Taffy Users, broo...@gmail.com
Looks like part of it is the cffunction at the bottom of this file:

<cffunction name="getDocUrl">
    <cfargument name="item" />
    <cfreturn "http://docs.taffy.io/#listFirst(application._taffy.version,'-')#/##" & item />
</cffunction>

I don't think you can do that on CF9.... a function in a CFM.. anyways, I'm gonna keep at it here...

Brook Davies

Jul 24, 2015, 7:37:22 PM7/24/15
to Taffy Users, broo...@gmail.com
Ok, so line 379 - 378 is where it seems to cause this compile error on CF9. Removing these lines worked:

<!--- exclude methods that are not exposed as REST verbs --->

<cfif !listFindNoCase('get,post,put,delete,patch',local.func.name) AND !structKeyExists(local.func,'taffy_verb') AND !structKeyExists(local.func,'taffy:verb')>

<cfscript>continue;</cfscript><!--- stupid CF8 --->

</cfif>

Adam Tuttle

Jul 24, 2015, 8:42:59 PM7/24/15
to Taffy Users, broo...@gmail.com
Firstly, you most-definitely can put a <cffunction> in a cfm on CF9! :)

UDF's were introduced in, I believe, CF4 or 4.5 back in the 90's.

I am almost certain that the code from your most recent email (the <cfscript>continue;</cfscript> line) was running fine for me on CF9 on Windows just a year or two ago.

If you're convinced it's that line, you could try refactoring that section of code not to use continue -- instead just put all of the stuff that comes after it inside the loop into the IF block; should be functionally equivalent.

Also which version of Taffy are you using?

Daniel Lancelot

Sep 16, 2015, 10:51:29 AM9/16/15
to Taffy Users, broo...@gmail.com
I've encountered this issue myself with CF 9.0.1 CHF1 on Java 1.6, and with CF 9.0.1 CHF4 on Java 1.7, both running on Windows 2008 R2, using the latest commit from github

Running CF9 on OSX, I do not encounter the same issue.

Whilst this is probably a bug within CF9 (or at least an inconsistency) - as CF9 is no longer supported by Adobe, it would seem most practical to create a patch to Taffy to resolve this issue.

As such I have created Pull Request https://github.com/atuttle/Taffy/pull/294 which resolves this issue on CF9 on windows - whilst (hopefully) retaining compatibility with CF8.

HTH

Dan.