Weird permissions error

Derek B

Dec 14, 2017, 5:21:59 PM12/14/17
to Taffy Users
Whenever there is an error in the API I am testing, I get this error along with it

Message: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "C:\taffy\v1\resources" "read")

Weird thing is that the is nowhere near the full path. at least 2 directories before taffy.

Any ideas?

Adam Tuttle

Dec 15, 2017, 11:40:09 AM12/15/17
to Taffy Users
Wow. Never seen that before. No idea what to do.

Adam

Derek

Dec 15, 2017, 11:42:07 AM12/15/17
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
So taffy doesn't try to log to a file if the error adapter is not working?

Adam Tuttle

Dec 18, 2017, 10:31:45 AM12/18/17
to Taffy Users
By default it's configured to use this error logging adapter which does literally nothing:

At no time does it fall back to a CFFile or CFLog call.

If configured to allow it (on by default), we will return exceptions in the response body.

If there's an error in the exception logger or elsewhere while handling an exception, then the error is printed in the response. But it should never try to write a file.

Adam

Derek B

Dec 20, 2017, 12:50:30 AM12/20/17
to Taffy Users
I found the culprit

<cfif directoryExists(expandPath("resources"))>
<cfreturn "resources" />
<cfelseif directoryExists(expandPath("/resources"))>
<cfreturn "/resources" />
</cfif>

this was causing a read in that dir and it doesn't have perms there. took the IF out and just left <cfreturn "resources" />

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 5:21 PM, Derek B <d...@bowesmail.com> wrote:
Whenever there is an error in the API I am testing, I get this error along with it

Message: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "C:\taffy\v1\resources" "read")

Weird thing is that the is nowhere near the full path. at least 2 directories before taffy.

Any ideas?

Adam Tuttle

Dec 20, 2017, 6:53:53 AM12/20/17
to Taffy Users
Instead of modifying the framework code and making it harder to upgrade, could you add a CF mapping?