Requests using uri format return Taffy Dashboard as response

Russ

Dec 23, 2013, 6:26:46 PM12/23/13
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
This is probably something simple I'm doing wrong, but I have been attempting to make a call to my api without the "endpoint=" syntax, and it returns the Taffy dashboard as the response to the call.

This works: http://dev.website.com/index.cfm?endpoint=organizations&id=999999
This returns the dashboard: http://dev.website.com/index.cfm/organizations/999999

I'm on Railo 4.0.2.002. I have had this added to web.xml:
<url-pattern>/api/index.cfm/*</url-pattern>

The server was restarted after this was added.

I have tried disabling the dashboard, and when I do this I get a 403 Forbidden status code.

I lean towards it still being a server setup thing, but I don't know what else would be wrong with it.

Any suggestions?

Adam Tuttle

Dec 24, 2013, 6:45:05 AM12/24/13
to taffy...@googlegroups.com

We'd need to see your resource CFC code to be sure but it sounds like your uri attribute is missing the leading slash. Should be taffy_uri="/organizations", and use endpoint=/organizations.

Adam

Russ

Dec 30, 2013, 11:06:37 AM12/30/13
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
Sorry - typo there. I do have leading slash.

Should have been: http://dev.website.com/index.cfm?endpoint=/organizations&id=999999

This is my cfcomponent opening tag: <cfcomponent extends="taffy.core.resource" taffy:uri="/organizations/{id}">

Thanks

Adam Tuttle

Dec 31, 2013, 8:47:47 AM12/31/13
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
What happens if you remove the url pattern in web.xml and restart Railo? Does index.cfm/organizations/9999 still show the dashboard, or do you get a 404 or other error?

Adam

Russ

Jan 10, 2014, 12:30:10 PM1/10/14
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure what it going on yet with this, but it is very likely a server config issue, and not a Taffy issue.

Thanks,

Jean-Bernard van Zuylen

Jan 16, 2014, 5:29:28 PM1/16/14
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Russ,

I don't see the "/api" part from the url-mapping in your call to http://dev.website.com/index.cfm/organizations/999999.

Can you make sure you have an <url-pattern>/index.cfm/*</url-pattern> in your web.xml and test again?

Jean-Bernard