Shared APP platform and Taffy Questions

John Farrar

Dec 10, 2013, 10:11:56 AM12/10/13
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
My platform has APPs that can be installed inside an environment (platform) similar to how WordPress installs plugins.

We are looking at Taffy as a common solution to our REST needs but it appears traditionally the "resources" is where the CFCs are installed. Am I understanding that correctly. What we would ideally desire is for each app to have it's own resource folder/path. Is that possible within the architecture?

Notes: When an app is installed the resources would be automatically rescanned, added. (We can handle that side of course with the admin install api.) When an app is uninstalled the resources would be removed. (Here we are curious what type of exception handling is included and suggestions.)

Thanks in advance to any and all constructive conversation.

John Farrar

Adam Tuttle

Dec 10, 2013, 10:31:19 AM12/10/13
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
There are, of course, multiple options.

Yes, by default taffy expects a resources folder. Each Taffy API also requires its own application.cfc, so you can put an application-specific-mapping in there for the location of /resources, if you want.

You could also manage resources with a ColdSpring or other DI framework.

Adam

John Farrar

Dec 10, 2013, 1:57:25 PM12/10/13
to taffy...@googlegroups.com
Most frameworks like ColdSpring have a prewritten hard coded single file configuration. This won't work right for installing APPs that run in the same named applicationname namespace. ( or will it ? )

Note: we also want to keep this super simple for developers so they can concentrate as much as possible on their applications vs the integration.