GMU ISM Software on a DOS VM using VirturalBox

joseph simpson

Sep 21, 2017, 6:00:20 PM9/21/17
to structura...@googlegroups.com, syss...@googlegroups.com
Team:

Has anyone used the GMU ISM DOS software on a DOS VM using VirturalBox?  Or other hypervisor?

I just downloaded the software from:

Then I installed DOS 6.22 on in VirturalBox on my Mac.

The next challenge is to get the ISM software running in the DOS VM.

Does anyone have experience with using the GMU ISM software?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Take care, be good to yourself and have fun,

Joe

--
Joe Simpson

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world.

Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves.

All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”

George Bernard Shaw

Vorachet Jaroensawas

Sep 21, 2017, 6:36:56 PM9/21/17
to syss...@googlegroups.com, vorachet, structura...@googlegroups.com
Dear Joe

I don't have experience with using the GMU ISM software but a DOS program on Mac

This is the step

DOSBox is available as a free download from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dosbox/?source=typ_redirect

The user interface of DOSBox running on Max OS

Before you run a DOS program, you’ll have to mount its directory.
DOSBox’s environment is separate from your computer’s file system.

Here’s an example mount command:

This command mounts the Desktop directory on my Mac computer as the D: drive in DOSBox.

You can type  “DIR” to list files in ism_docs directory

DOSBox can also run DOS programs that aren’t games  including the Windows 3.1 operating system itself but games are its main use case

I don't know how to test ISM programs and this is my simple test.

PRIOR88.EXE works ?

Best regards

Vorachet Jaroensawas

joseph simpson

Sep 21, 2017, 7:04:53 PM9/21/17
to structura...@googlegroups.com, syss...@googlegroups.com
Team:

I received a reply off list about a dos emulator program.

Also, I found a Mac program called, Boxer.

See attached image..

The Boxer program is simple and just works.

I am starting to verify the commands and processes in Appendix 2 of HIM at this time.

Thanks for the response and help,

Joe
dosIsm.png