Fwd: Co-create the IFSR 2018 Conversation

James Martin

Jul 25, 2017, 3:12:33 PM7/25/17
to SSWG
FYI

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: International Federation for Systems Research <if...@ofai.at>
Date: July 26, 2017 at 2:04:59 AM GMT+12
To: <mart...@gmail.com>
Subject: Co-create the IFSR 2018 Conversation

Call for Themes for IFSR Conversaton 2018 (April 8-13)
This IFSR Newsflash informs you of the latest news on the IFSR home-page.
To read the complete information please access "www.ifsr.org".

View this email in your browser
This IFSR Newsflash informs you of the latest news on the IFSR home-page.
To read the full text please access "www.ifsr.org".

View this email in your browser

Announcement of the Nineteenth IFSR Conversation Linz, Austria

Sunday, 8 April – Friday, 13 April, 2018 Call for Team Conversation Topics

Conversations were introduced by Bela H. Banathy around 1980 as an alternative to the classical conferences. In a Conversation a small group of scientists meets for several days to discuss in a self-guided way a topic of scientific and social importance. No papers are presented; the participants discuss face-to-face their topic.
We are starting to plan for the Nineteenth IFSR Conversation in Linz, Austria, which will be held at the Seminarhotel, St. Magdalena, Linz, Austria (www.bz-magdalena.at, located approx. 200 km west of Vienna), from Sunday, April 8 through Friday, April 13, 2018.
The Conversation will accommodate approximately 30 people, a maximum of five (5) teams consisting of six (6) to seven (7) members on site. We may integrate one or two additional members per team who participate via SKYPE (or Internet equivalent).
While participation is open to individuals in our member organizations, and others interested the topics of the Conversation, the final selection of participants is only by invitation of the IFSR, according to the prospective participant’s ability to contribute to the outcomes. Participants are expected to attend the whole Conversation.
The fee for each participant for 2018 is 670 Euros (plus his or her own transportation costs). The fee covers food and lodging for six (6) days/five 5 nights (except for  costs of drinks).
Each team meets for five (5) days to develop conceptual models and intensify their understanding of the team’s topic and to interact with other teams. At the conclusion, each team presents its findings to the entire group.
After the Conversation the teams will document their findings through a team report and possibly further papers collected in the proceedings of the Conversation 1. Summaries from the work of each team will be published in the IFSR newsletter and on the IFSR website. While writing for publication is not the primary purpose of the Conversation, teams are also encouraged to
document their progress with an intention to publish in systems sciences journals such as Systems Science and Behavioral Research.

1  The Proceeding from the 2016 Conversation are available  as hardcopy and e-book:  EDSON, M.C., G. METCALF, P. TUDDENHAM , G. CHROUST, (eds.) Systems Literacy - Proceedings of the Eighteenth IFSR Conversation 2016, SEA- SR 47 Books on Demand, Norderstedt, Germany, Feb. 2017, pp. 104  in book-shops..

At present, we need your input with respect to topics for the teams  and participants. We welcome your suggestions:
  1. Is there a particular topic of importance to systems science that you believe should be addressed at the Conversation?
  2. Do you personally want to be considered as a participant? As a Team leader?
  3. Do you have suggestions for other participants who you believe would of value to the Conversation process?
We need your one-page topic description by September 1, 2017. At that point, we will begin formulating the topics and selecting team members to be invited, as well as the initial phases of preparation.
Please send your suggestions (or any questions that you might have) to Marty Jacobs at mja...@saybrook.edu. Learn more about the IFSR at www.ifsr.org. We look forward to hearing from you.

Copyright ©ifsr 2016 All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
if...@ofai.at

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Copyright ©ifsr 2016 All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
if...@ofai.at

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

This email was sent to mart...@gmail.com
International Federation for Systems Research · Freyung 6/6, Wien, Österreich · Vienna 1010 · Austria

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp