Fwd: Happy Easter and #ISSS2017 Vienna Conference Update

James Martin

Apr 16, 2017, 7:32:46 PM4/16/17
to SSWG
Call for abstracts, papers and workshops is now open.

Conference dates:
  • July 10-14, 2017, Vienna, Austria

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: "International Society for the Systems Sciences" <isss201...@isss.org>
Date: April 16, 2017 at 2:51:20 PM EDT
To: mart...@gmail.com
Subject: Happy Easter and #ISSS2017 Vienna Conference Update

   15 April 2017 News

Happy Easter & #ISSS2017 Vienna News

Happy Easter from #ISSS2017 Vienna!

The International Society for the System Sciences and our conference partner, the Bertalanffy Centre for the Study of Systems Sciences (BCSSS), wish you a very happy Easter break.   We look forward to seeing you join us in building the success of the conference and society over the year!

In this newsletter:

We are proud to announce sponsorship from Austrian Airlines and MDPI Publishers and the details of the benefits to our Members and Conference attendees.

The Calls for Abstracts, Papers, Posters and Workshops is open.  We look forward to seeing your submitted abstract or a full paper.  The #ISSS2017 Vienna meeting is about networking, connecting and sharing your knowledge with others.  At this meeting, we have ambitiously opened our community boundaries to industry and government to share our knowledge and resources to tackle current and future 'real world' issues.  The Society is well-known for its contributions and you are its valued contributors.

Prestigious prizes are awarded for Best Conference Papers for Students with MDPI sponsoring the first Open 'Best Conference Paper' Award which is open to all full paper submissions.

In terms of accommodation during the conference, we have negotiated a variety of hotel discounts which we have made available to you on the ISSS Corporate site.

The reputation of the ISSS Graduate/PhD Program continues to grow since its launching in #ISSS2015 Berlin and we open our doors again to Graduate students to experience this incredible program.

On an ISSS Corporate note, please consider applying for Membership to enjoy many benefits.

Our network partner, BS-Labs is holding a workshop in Rome for SMEs. Find more details within this newsletter.

We are pleased to announce the addition of Kendra Rosencrans and Valeria Delgado to ISSS Digital Team.  Along with Jennifer Wilby and Delia MacNamara, they provide invaluable expertise, solutions, time and implementation.  You too can become part of the team by just liking, sharing, tweeting, inviting, and rating the ISSS Facebook page or on Twitter!  Every small interaction counts, and we count on you.

Latest News:

Sponsorships:  Austrian Airlines, MBPI
Conference Paper Awards
Hotel Discounts
PhD Program
ISSS Corporate Membership
Partner Announcement: BS-Lab Workshop

Reminders and Deadlines:

Calls for Abstracts, Papers, Posters and Workshops Close 01 June.  Full papers need to be received by 08 June for Prize eligibility.
Early Bird Registration Closes 15th May 2017

Calls for Abstracts, Papers, Posters and Workshops

The call for abstracts, papers, posters and workshops (and the submission website) is now open.

The overarching mission is "From Science to Systemic Solutions: Systems Thinking for Everyone" with key industry areas to be addressed being:

Government and Governance
Economy
Health
Eco-Systems
Innovation and Development

In addition to the main key themes, the Meeting has over 20 Special Integration and Exploratory Groups.

A list of these SIGs and EGs and their Chairs can be found [HERE].  For more detailed information about the SIGs and EGs, and paper submission guidelines we invite you to:

Download the 'Call for Papers Booklet.

 DEADLINES FOR SUBMISSION

Abstracts of Papers, Workshops and Posters need to be received by 01 June 2017 for inclusion in the printed programme.
Student and Open award deadline: Full paper must be submitted no later than 08 June 2017

We urge you to submit a full paper to be eligible for the Conference Awards (see below for more information).

We look forward to reading your contribution!

MDPI Sponsor 'Best Conference Paper' Award Open to All

This year we are excited to introduce a new award that is open to all full paper submissions - not just students.  Publisher, MDPI, and their Journal “Systems” are sponsoring an award for Best Paper fitting the theme of the conference: "From Science to Systemic Solutions: Systems Thinking for Everyone."

The Award winner will receive USD $500 and their paper published in the ‘Systems’ journal.

We look forward to reading your submitted Paper as all Papers submitted to the Conference are eligible for consideration for this award.   Details about calls for papers, formatting and submission can be found HERE

This will become an annual award with the intention for a Conference Special Edition in the future.

More details about the Journal can be found here:

Best Paper Awards

All Student papers are eligible for ISSS Awards which are given in the names of Sir Geoffrey Vickers, Anatol Rapoport, and Margaret Mead, recognizing outstanding work by a student in distinct domains the systems sciences.

The Vickers award encourages contributions to areas of consideration where systems approaches stand to enrich the social sciences, humanities and the arts.
The Rapoport award recognizes works in the domains of the physical sciences, the life sciences, mathematics and engineering.
The Mead award considers contributions across the domains considered by both the Vickers and the Rapoport awards but distinguishes those that place special emphases on feminist, collectivist, and culturally pluralistic perspectives.

For more information about the awards and previous winners click [HERE]. Full papers must be received by the 08 June 2017 for peer review.

Winners will receive their Student Award from the Mayor of Vienna at the Opening Reception on the 09 July 2017 at the Vienna Town Hall.

Graduate/PHD Program

Three days of dedicated ‘workshops’ introducing different systems approaches, methods and research traditions.

Five days of participation in the 2017 ISSS Conference in Vienna.

Friday 7th July – Friday 14th July 2017, Vienna, Austria

As part of the activities in Austria this year associated with our Vienna ISSS Annual Meeting we have been able to create a training program, again in conjunction with a local University, on behalf of our PhD student community.

We invite you to take advantage of this opportunity if you have students to whom it is relevant or to circulate this opportunity among your networks.

We have places for a maximum of 30 PhD students and there will be a selection procedure based on the submission of a 300-word statement on the question “How would this research program be of benefit to my PhD studies?

The statement should be sent to enqui...@gmail.com by 12th May 2017. Applications will be evaluated for acceptance on a rolling basis.

Following acceptance, students will then enrol by registering for the conference (early bird graduate student program pricing of $445 by 15 May 17 and $545 from 16 May 17).

Austrian Airlines: Official Conference Carrier - 15% Discount

We are proud to announce that Austrian Airlines is the Official Carrier for #ISSS2017 Vienna.

What does this mean for us?

If you book your flights to the “61st Annual Meeting of the International Society for the Systems Sciences 2017” online at www.austrian.com and save 15% on all applicable fares!

To receive the 15% discount off your airfare, enter the following code in the eVoucher field on the Austrian homepage booking engine:

Code: ISSS17

Conditions

Booking period: Now until July 15th, 2017

Valid for flights to Vienna and return as of July 2nd, 2017 until July 22nd, 2017 (final date for return flight) on flights operated by Austrian Airlines

Book your flights here!

Hotel Discounts and Accommodation

There are many online hotel booking sites available on the internet where you can either book home stay (eg. Airbnb.com) or hotels (eg. booking.com, expedia.com.

The ISSS have negotiated some excellent discounts close to the Conference Venue.    Hotels include the Marriott, Hilton, Mercure and Austria Trend Hotel Group.  Two hotels that are close to the Conference venue are Motel One and Hotel Magdas.

For full details n all the hotels and how to access these discounts, please visit the ISSS Corporate website:

http://isss.org/world/ISSS2017_Hotels

One month left for Early Bird Registration: Ends 15th May!

Early Bird Registration

Please take advantage of our reduced conference rates with up to 25% off the normal registration fees.

Prices go up on the 16th May 2017.

What is included in the registration fee?

The full registration fee for ISSS (Sunday July 9 - Friday July 14) includes:

The program/abstract book and access to the interactive conference application

Tea/coffee breaks Monday to Friday.

Lunches Monday through Friday

ISSS membership fees for 2018 (Jan-Dec)

The conference registration fee does not include accommodation costs or transport to the conference site. Links for accommodation links options can be found on the Accommodations page (opens on the ISSS Corporate website).

REGISTER HERE

ISSS Corporate Membership

The Annual ISSS membership cycle is from January 1 through December 31.

If you registered and attended the annual ISSS meeting (usually July or August), your membership fee is included for the following Jan-Dec within the conference fee.

For those that attended last year's conference, the membership started January 2017.  For this year's conference, your membership will commence in January 2018.

If you are not a member, or need to renew your membership, we invite you to apply for membership here (opens on the ISSS Conference website):

http://www.isss.org/world/administration/membership

Workshop for SMEs in Rome: September 2017

We are pleased to share the news that our network partner, the Business Systems Laboratory, is organizing an International Workshop in Rome (Italy) on: "Marketing and Innovation Strategies for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs)"

Dates: 11-12 September 2017

The workshop will be held at the new building of the Universitas Mercatorum (the university of the Italian Chambers of Commerce). This will be a chance to link systemic research on organizational and business systems to the entrepreneurial world.

The call for extended abstracts is now open and the deadline for submission is June 15th, 2017.

More information at: http://bslab-symposium.net/MERCATORUM-2017/BSLAB-SME-MERCATORUM-2017.htm

We hope that you will pass on this information to your networks or relevant parties.

Coming up in the next newsletter...

Spotlight on our Speakers & Program
Spotlight on our Sponsors
Spotlight on previous Award Winners

Stay up to date and help us spread the word!

FacebookTwitterLinkedIn

Keep up to date and connect with us via our social media channels and the conference website www.isss2017vienna.com  which will be delivering videos, images and links to presenters before and during the conference.

We're grateful to you for helping us spread the word so that this year's conference can be the best one yet by sharing and inviting others to this event on your Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Google+, or by forwarding this email.

We look forward to seeing you in Vienna!

International Society for the Systems Sciences

Business Office, 10 Batter Lane
Rawdon, Leeds LS19 6EU
United Kingdom

Email: enqui...@gmail.com

© 2017 International Society of the Systems Sciences.

Unsubscribe from this list