Moderators?

Paola Di Maio

Dec 23, 2016, 7:11:37 AM12/23/16
to syss...@googlegroups.com
I just remembered that I am a moderator of this group

I only read the digests, and not always, and have not failed to notice increasingly bitter exchanges between Jack and Len, two of our active contributors with big personalities :-)

I appreciate the messages to list calling for moderation on behalf from group members.
I have not had the time or competence to figure out who is provoking whom, sorry if I fail to understand the dynamics of the exchanges in depth

 I would be inclined to put bitter personal messages down for moderation but then I am sure I d get some grief?

I am therefore nominating Jane as an additional moderator
so that she can take steps to cool the atmosphere

I think the list experience is diminished when personal attacks are allowed to take place-

Any other suggestion?

Aleksandar Malečić

Dec 23, 2016, 7:48:12 AM12/23/16
to syss...@googlegroups.com
The way I see it is that they both (and perhaps someone else) deal with novelty and "danger" captured in this video playlist if someone has spare time: http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x1cbyd_xSilverPhinx_bbc-dangerous-knowledge/1#video=xdoe8u

Len Troncale's work pushes the very limit of human capacity to know something and apply that knowledge and Jack Ring wonders whether it's about "tenure" even if it isn't. "Trying to stay out of trouble" from Paola Di Maio's about.me profile is a wrong way to be curious about systems, at least that's how I see it. Troublemaking for the sake of troublemaking is also wrong, especially if it doesn't affect something it perhaps should.

Is a "systems thinker" a naive and delusional megaloman (I'm using a wrong word on purpose because "maniac" usually doesn't sound to me like a nice person)?

Aleksandar

--
The SysSciWG wiki is at https://sites.google.com/site/syssciwg/.

Contributions to the discussion are licensed by authors under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
---

PDM

Dec 23, 2016, 8:41:25 AM12/23/16
to Sys Sci Discussion List
Hay, Aleksandar

I just want to mention that I am a very upfront person, much like Len and Jack, and that unfortunately
simply expressing ones opinion makes one a target-

I do receive threats and become the victim of abuse. expecially when I exert authority and try to do the right thing
a lot of trolls in this world -
I was hoping that Janet could become a co-moderator, but apparently James has changed things

Oh well
Maybe we can discuss List governance at some point

PDM