Fwd: [SysSciWG] Moderators?/and gender balance

Paola Di Maio

Dec 23, 2016, 8:37:20 AM12/23/16
to syss...@googlegroups.com
Martin kindly informs me
that I am no longer a moderator
(I was hoping Janet could join me in bringing gender balance to the governance of this group_

This brings up another question: governance
Maybe this list is unruly because governance is fuzzy

It is good practice to
a) rotate the moderators
b) do not revoke permissions without at least informing
people concerned!!
c) make sure the moderators are well known to the group
who are the moderators now?
can the list owners be rotated or does this group belong
specifically to James to decide?

duh

Dec 23, 2016, 9:10:34 AM12/23/16
to Sys Sci Discussion List, paolad...@googlemail.com, paola....@gmail.com
Just let me add

Being a bit of a tomboy, I have never felt gender was an issue,
I am always in charge, indpendent, driving my own car, steering the wheel, making decisions
dont take bull. strong type of person, always working side by side with people
no matter boys or girls

But then I realised that this is a mens world (too late in life perhaps?)
and the engineering field, even more so.

Had I expressed myself in even a fraction of the tones which have been flying around on this list
I would have surely been kicked out.  But nobody is shutting down the old boys!!

Plenty of guys like to 'put women in their place', but do not apply the same rule to guys-

Sorry I had to say that. i have recently become aware that
gender is an issue,  "-)
even if we as individuals dont think so, look at the figures

cheers and many xmas wishes to all