CFP: "The Endorsed Basic Competency and Standard Curriculum of System Science"

James Martin

Aug 14, 2017, 8:41:07 AM8/14/17
to SSWG
FYI

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Gerhard Chroust" <Gerhard...@jku.at>
Date: August 14, 2017 at 8:18:04 AM EDT
To: "Gerhard Chroust" <Gerhard...@jku.at>
Cc: "BricagePierre-IASCYS" <bricag...@gmail.com>, "Hu-JasonH" <huji...@gmail.com>, "EdsonMary-Isss" <mared...@gmail.com>, "MetcalfG" <gmet...@interconnectionsllc.com>, "IsonRay_cliks" <R.L....@open.ac.uk>, "RousseauDavid-Isss" <david.r...@systemsphilosophy.org>
Subject: IFSR/IASCYS/ISSS Project: Call for Participation  "The Endorsed Basic Competency and Standard Curriculum of System Science"

Dear members and VIPs of the IFSR, ,

Attached please find a Call for Participation for a co-authoring project initialized by IFSR with support from ISSS and IASCYS, and from now on  hopefully all of you. Please note the details on how to participate as well as the targeted schedules.

Please send this invitation to all members of your society and encourage as many as possible of them to participate in this project, by sending a sign-up email to Dr. Jason Hu (jasonth...@gmail.com), with complete contact information - name, occupation, affiliation, physical address, email address, and willingness to sign up to ONE of the three roles: Co-author, Adviser, or Observer.

 The commitment level of each role is defined in the attached   Call for Participation. Once the email list is formed, Dr. Hu will contact you and facilitate the conversations for the on-going progress.

With my best greetings

Gerhard

---------------------------------
Prof. Dr. Gerhard Chroust
J. Kepler University Linz
c/o Donaustr. 101/6,
A-2346 Maria Enzersdorf, Austria
+43 664 28 29 978
Gerhard...@jku.at

IFSR-ISSS-IASCYS CFP-final.pdf

Aleksandar Malečić

Aug 15, 2017, 4:13:03 AM8/15/17
to syss...@googlegroups.com
I find it interesting that in my case I was exposed through a textbook about management (it was actually for the exam called economics) to von Bertalanffy's general systems theory (GST) and Henri Fayol's functions of management. I passively absorbed from that textbook that some authors (including that one) prefer to interpret Fayol's theory as four functions of management that resemble a feedback loop. I just took for granted that Fayol's and von Bertalanffy's theories are the same theory. When I found out that Jung in his texts insists of four psychological functions, it seemed natural to assume (it wasn't even an assumption, because making an assumption takes some time and effort) that Fayol and Jung were writing about the same functions that are actually (a part of) GST. Much later I needed an additional effort to learn that Fayol's and von Bertalanffy's theories are different and that I should somehow tear them apart even though I was told by Kent Palmer that "ideas" that have never been mine from a draft version of my text (I was also insulted by a reviewer as someone who isn't capable of anything and who in his dumb way tried to steal Robert Rosen's ideas) were identical to what Terrence Deacon wrote in his book "Incomplete Nature". It's as if I have found a valet that its owner doesn't want back.

Aleksandar

--
The SysSciWG wiki is at https://sites.google.com/site/syssciwg/.

Contributions to the discussion are licensed by authors under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
---

The SysSciWG wiki is at https://sites.google.com/site/syssciwg/.

Contributions to the discussion are licensed by authors under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
---

Aleksandar Malečić

Aug 15, 2017, 5:20:30 AM8/15/17
to syss...@googlegroups.com