Fwd: #ISSS2017 Vienna Conference Update

1 view

James Martin

May 14, 2017, 4:34:09 PM5/14/17
to SSWG
Early bird rate ends TODAY!

James

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: "International Society for the Systems Sciences" <isss201...@isss.org>
Date: May 15, 2017 at 1:00:26 AM GMT+8
To: mart...@gmail.com
Subject: #ISSS2017 Vienna Conference Update

   12 May 2017 News

#ISSS2017 Vienna News

#ISSS2017 Vienna!

The International Society for the System Sciences and our conference partner, the Bertalanffy Centre for the Study of Systems Sciences (BCSSS), have finalised an exciting line-up of speakers.  In addition, we have listened to your feedback and regular conference attendees to create a programme schedule that allows time for you to meet the Speakers, connect with new colleagues and build relationships with researchers, practitioners, industry and government representatives, as well as our newest and brightest upcoming researchers.

In this newsletter:

A reminder that the early bird rate ends on the 15th May 2017 and that the full registration prices start on the 16th May 2017.

The Calls for Abstracts, Papers, Posters and Workshops is open.  We look forward to seeing your submitted abstract or a full paper. UPDATE ON SUBMISSION PROCESS - JOURNAL SITE DOWN

#ISSS2017 to be hosted at TU Wien and BCSSS:  CHANGE OF VENUE

In terms of accommodation during the conference, we have negotiated a variety of hotel discounts which we have made available to you on the ISSS Corporate site.

On an ISSS Corporate note, please consider applying for Membership to enjoy many benefits.

Become an active member of the ISSS Community/team by liking, sharing, tweeting, inviting, and rating the ISSS Facebook page or on Twitter!  Every small interaction counts, and we count on you.

Latest News:

Call for Papers - journals.isss.org site down:  How to submit your Abstract
Confirmation of Venue: TU Wein and BCSSS to host #ISSS2017
#ISSS2017 Accommodation
ISSS Corporate Membership

Reminders and Deadlines:

Calls for Abstracts, Papers, Posters and Workshops Close 01 June.  Full papers need to be received by 08 June for Prize eligibility.
Early Bird Registration Closes 15th May 2017

Early Bird Registration: Ends 15th May!

Early Bird Registration

Please take advantage of our reduced conference rates with up to 25% off the normal registration fees.

Prices go up on the 16th May 2017.

What is included in the registration fee?

The full registration fee for ISSS (Sunday July 9 - Friday July 14) includes:

The program/abstract book and access to our interactive conference application https://isss2017vienna.sched.com/  where you can build your conference profile and programme as it goes 'live'.

Tea/coffee breaks Monday to Friday.

Lunches Monday through Friday

ISSS membership fees for 2018 (Jan-Dec)

The conference registration fee does not include accommodation costs or transport to the conference site. Links for accommodation links options can be found on the Accommodations page (opens on the ISSS Corporate website).

REGISTER HERE

How to submit your Abstracts while journals.isss.org is down

The Call for Abstracts, Papers, Workshops and Posters is still open.  We look forward to reading about your research and hearing you present at #ISSS2017 Vienna.

Currently, the Journals website (journals.isss.org) is having issues with the automated submission process and we have our technicians investigating the problem.  It is anticipated that the system will up and running again by the 15th May.

In the meantime, the following submission process has been put in place:

1.  Address your email to enq...@isss.org
2.  In the Subject line of the email please state:
your name and
the name of your SIG
3.  Attach a copy of your abstract in Word format. Please do not send PDFs.
4.  We will acknowledge receipt and advise when your submission is accepted for the conference.

This note will be placed in several of our web spaces to let people know how to manage this process. We are very sorry for this inconvenience, and we will load your abstracts and papers onto the Journals site for you as soon as it is ready to do so.

The list of SIGs and EGs and their Chairs can be found [HERE].  For more detailed information about the SIGs and EGs, and paper submission guidelines we invite you to:

Download the 'Call for Papers Booklet.

 DEADLINES FOR SUBMISSION

Abstracts of Papers, Workshops and Posters need to be received by 01 June 2017 for inclusion in the printed programme.
Student and Open award deadline: Full paper must be submitted no later than 08 June 2017

We urge you to submit a full paper to be eligible for the Conference Awards (see below for more information).

We look forward to reading your contribution!

TU WIEN AND BCSSS TO HOST #ISSS2017

Due to another large conference occuring at the same time and scheduling of rooms at these venues we had to change venues.   We are very  pleased to announce that the #ISSS2017 Conference will be hosted by TU Wien (Technical University of Vienna) and BCSSS.  TU Wein is located in the heart of Vienna and has many impressive buildings including its library.

The morning plenary and panel sessions are being held in the magnificent hall, the Kuppelsaal within the main TU Wien building (Karlsplatz).

The afternoon paper and workshop sessions will be held in Institut für Computertechnik,TU Wien (Gußhausstraße) a short and pleasant 7 minute walk from Karlsplatz.

Smaller workshops and the early morning #ISSS2017 Roundtable will be held at BCSSS.   All details, with maps, can now be found on https://www.isss2017vienna.com/venue

We appreciate that bookings at hotels closer to the Messe and School of Economics have been made and we apologise for any inconvenience.   Karlsplatz is four (4) stops by Metro (approximately 10 minutes) from the Messe.

Hotel Discounts and Accommodation

There are many online hotel booking sites available on the internet where you can either book home stay (eg. Airbnb.com) or hotels (eg. booking.com, expedia.com.

The ISSS have negotiated some excellent discounts close to the Conference Venue.    For full details of all the hotels and how to access these discounts, please visit the ISSS Corporate website:

http://isss.org/world/ISSS2017_Hotels

ISSS Corporate Membership

The Annual ISSS membership cycle is from January 1 through December 31.

If you registered and attended the annual ISSS meeting (usually July or August), your membership fee is included for the following Jan-Dec within the conference fee.

For those that attended last year's conference, the membership started January 2017.  For this year's conference, your membership will commence in January 2018.

If you are not a member, or need to renew your membership, we invite you to apply for membership here (opens on the ISSS Conference website):

http://www.isss.org/world/administration/membership

Stay up to date and help us spread the word!

FacebookTwitterLinkedIn

Keep up to date and connect with us via our social media channels and the conference website www.isss2017vienna.com  which will be delivering videos, images and links to presenters before and during the conference.

We're grateful to you for helping us spread the word so that this year's conference can be the best one yet by sharing and inviting others to this event on your Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Google+, or by forwarding this email.

We look forward to seeing you in Vienna!

International Society for the Systems Sciences

Business Office, 10 Batter Lane
Rawdon, Leeds LS19 6EU
United Kingdom

Email: enqui...@gmail.com

© 2017 International Society of the Systems Sciences.

Unsubscribe from this list