Evolving from Systems Thinking World (2015) to the Systems Community of Inquiry

David Ing

Feb 5, 2018, 11:52:28 AM2/5/18
to Sys Sci Discussion List
Members of the Systems Sciences WG have always enjoyed open access to a reliable platform via this Google Groups list and the Google Site.  (Thanks, James Martin, for taking the pragmatic step in 2011!)

The Systems Thinking World community was threatened by a shutdown in 2015, and forked into Systems Thinking Network at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2639211 and The Ecology of Systems Thinking at https://www.facebook.com/groups/774241602654986/ .

For people who are interested in continuing to share openly to the world, Benjamin P. Taylor (with SCiO in the UK) and I are partnering on migrating the previous model.report and Systems Community of Inquiry participants to http://stream.syscoi.com , hosted on Wordpress.com .

There are two levels of participation.

(1) For those who want to track by e-mail, there's a link to [Register, follow, comment] to https://wordpress.com/following/manage?q=stream.syscoi.com .

(2) The second link to [Elevate permissions] leads you to a form at https://stream.syscoi.com/elevate-permissions/ whereby I can grant author authority (i.e. creating new posts, in addition to commenting permissions).

Some basic instructions are at the FAQ at https://stream.syscoi.com/faq/ .

This platform is the next evolution since the major shifts from Systems Thinking World on LinkedIn in October 2015, described at http://coevolving.com/blogs/index.php/archive/towards-a-federated-social-web/ . We've learned to be less bleeding-edge on our technology platform choices, and have a primary concern for preserving collective intellectual capital in the systems thinking community.

For those of you who enjoy reading on mobile devices, there are options for apps at https://apps.wordpress.com/ .