Help With GMU ISM Software Examples

joseph simpson

Oct 5, 2017, 9:40:45 PM10/5/17
to structura...@googlegroups.com, syss...@googlegroups.com
Team:

Now that a rich conceptual context for structural modeling has been started, we are attempting to verify and validate published examples of structural modeling events.

All of the examples in the GMU ISM Software Manual were reproduced.  Next we are attempting to reproduce the examples listed in Figures 8 and 7 of Technical Report, SC_TR_0013 The Problematique Application Structural Type.

We have been unable to reproduce the system structure given in Figure 7, using the GMU ISM Software.  Multiple attempts have been made with different outcomes associated with a variation of the input sequence of the listed problems.

Is this normal for the GMU ISM software, or are we making operational mistakes?

George G. Lendaris covers some issues related to structural modeling in:

It appears that a structural relationship like 'aggravates', which has a local attribute may be very challenging for structural modeling software.

The plan is to create specific types of software applications for specific classes of natural language structuring relationships.  This approach may help to solve some of these structural modeling issues.  Even if the issues are not solved, they should be better defined.

Please let us know if you have experience with the GMU ISM software and would like to help reproduce a few simple Problematique examples.

Take care, be good to yourself and have fun,

Joe

--
Joe Simpson

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world.

Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves.

All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”

George Bernard Shaw