Fwd: [announce] Call for Applications to PhD Program in Germany 30th July - 7th August 2015

James Martin

Apr 5, 2015, 8:01:29 AM4/5/15
to syss...@googlegroups.com
Fyi

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: Announcement list for the International Society for the Systems Sciences <anno...@lists.isss.org>
Date: April 5, 2015 at 3:16:16 AM EDT
To: anno...@lists.isss.org
Subject: [announce] Call for Applications to PhD Program in Germany 30th July - 7th August 2015

Announcement - PhD Course

Systems Thinking and Practice in PhD Research:

Cybersystemic Possibilities for Governing the Anthropocene

30 July – 7 August 2015, Germany

http://isss.org/world/PhD_Course

Comprising

·         Two days of participation in a Systemic Inquiry in Hannover (Herrenhausen) on “Governing the Anthropocene: Cybersystemic Possibilities?

·         Two days of dedicated ‘workhops’ introducing different systems approaches, methods and research traditions at Humbolt University in Berlin

·         Five days of participation in the 2015 ISSS Conference in Berlin, including a group generated presentation on the final day

·         5 ECTS - points

Dear ISSS colleagues,

As part of the activities in Germany this year associated with our Berlin Conference we have been able to create a training programe worth 5 credits (in European currency) in conjunction with Humbolt University in Berlin.

Could I invite you to take advantage of this oppertunity if you have students to whom it is relevant, or to circulate this opportunity  amongst your networks.

We have places for a maximum of 30 PhD students - there will be a selection procedure - nominations close on 30th April 2015.

Please see further details in the attached.

With best wishes

Ray Ison

President ISSS (International Society for Systems Sciences) 2014-15

Program Leader
Systemic Governance Research Program
www.monash.edu/research/systemic-governance
Professor, Systems for Sustainability
Monash Sustainability Institute
Monash University, Clayton, Vic
Australia 3800

Professor of Systems
Applied Systems Thinking in Practice (ASTiP) Program
http://www.open.ac.uk/choose/ou/systemsthinking
Engineering & Innovation Department
Faculty of Mathematics, Computing and Technology
The Open University
Walton Hall
Milton Keynes MK7 6AA, UK
tel: +44 (0)198 654959
mob: +44 (0) 7743700965 (March-June 2014)

Announcement_PhD course Systems Thinking and Practice 2015.pdf