SMD Capacitors in town

Jason Stewart

Jan 5, 2017, 5:53:13 PM1/5/17
to SYN Shop
Anyone know where I can get surface mount capacitors in town? I need a few ~28pF caps and mouser wants 4x the price of the item for shipping.

Andrew Morrow

Jan 5, 2017, 6:06:39 PM1/5/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com
EEEK.  What size are you looking for?  I have ~30 reels of 0604 caps, and POSSIBLY some 28pF in there.  How many do you need?

--
@synshop
https://synshop.org

Jason Stewart

nate t

Jan 5, 2017, 6:12:24 PM1/5/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com
I have a 0805 cap kit, that should have included some 27pF caps. I've looked through my SMD box of parts briefly and have only found the 22pF and 33pF strips. I know I haven't used them for anything. If I search a bit more for them, I should be able to find them.

Andrew Morrow

Mark J Koch

Jan 5, 2017, 6:23:42 PM1/5/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Fry’s has some SMT resistors and capacitors if I remember correctly.

But I have a nice collection of 0603 and 0805.

mark

> On Jan 5, 2017, at 3:16 PM, Andrew Morrow <amo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It sounds like Nate's got you covered at 0805 in any case, but if for any reason there's an issue, let me know - I'm positive I have some in that range.
>
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 3:09 PM, Jason Stewart <ja...@jasonstewart.me> wrote:
> I just need four. The board is designed with 0805, so I bet I could make 0604 work pretty easily. Anywhere from 24-29pF should work, they're stabilizing caps for a crystal so I have a little wiggle room.
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 3:06 PM Andrew Morrow <amo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> EEEK. What size are you looking for? I have ~30 reels of 0604 caps, and POSSIBLY some 28pF in there. How many do you need?
>
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Jason Stewart <ja...@jasonstewart.me> wrote:
> Anyone know where I can get surface mount capacitors in town? I need a few ~28pF caps and mouser wants 4x the price of the item for shipping.
>
> --
> @synshop
> https://synshop.org
> ---
>
> --
> @synshop
> https://synshop.org
> ---
>
> --
> @synshop
> https://synshop.org
> ---
>

> --
> @synshop
> https://synshop.org
> ---

nate t

Jan 5, 2017, 6:30:53 PM1/5/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com, ja...@jasonstewart.me
I found the 27pF 0805's, they where in a different kit. If you want to directly email me, we can arrange when to meetup.

John Lighton

Krux

Jan 5, 2017, 8:22:23 PM1/5/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com, Mark J Koch
smallest footprint they carry is 1206 I believe.

Krux

Jan 5, 2017, 8:26:46 PM1/5/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com, John Lighton
if people want to do a group order, I buy from Mouser fairly regularly, especially leading up to defcon. we also get discounts from adafruit and sparkfun. also have some keesub SYN Shop discount cards.

nate t

Jan 5, 2017, 11:57:13 PM1/5/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com, ja...@jasonstewart.me
@Jason I left some 27pF 0805 caps in a plastic bag taped up on the white board, in the office that is off of the main room. I had got the name mixed up when I had looked back on this email chain before running out the door and tagged them for Andrew, but they are there at the shop for you.

> On Jan 5, 2017, at 5:25 PM, Krux <kr...@thcnet.net> wrote:
>
> if people want to do a group order, I buy from Mouser fairly regularly, especially leading up to defcon. we also get discounts from adafruit and sparkfun. also have some keesub SYN Shop discount cards.
>
> On January 5, 2017 4:10:23 PM PST, John Lighton <helio...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just for future reference, Adafruit has some great R+C kits in 0805 and 0603 in little booklets. Very handy.
>

> On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Jason Stewart <ja...@jasonstewart.me> wrote:
> Anyone know where I can get surface mount capacitors in town? I need a few ~28pF caps and mouser wants 4x the price of the item for shipping.
>
> --
> @synshop
> https://synshop.org
> ---