Offer for modules from PCBWay

Daniel Hill

May 9, 2016, 5:35:00 PM5/9/16
to SYN Shop
Jumped on an offer posted in the arduino subreddit.  Wondering what people think about the manufacturer?  I could build a tutorial around their products, and I'm sure they would be applicable to many breakout manufacturers that are more readily accessible.

"I can provide you some free modules/boards for your class. The only requirement to is to keep my company's logo on the package of those free items when you give them to your hackerspace members since the donation is carried out with the name of my company. I can send you some samples of what we have. If you are willing to put our posts somewhere in your makerspace, I can send you extra free modules/board. I would like to know what items or services my company can provide to you.

With regards
William Wang
PCBWay"

Thoughts?
Dan

Brian Dirk

May 10, 2016, 4:37:31 PM5/10/16
to syn...@googlegroups.com
This sounds cool. I don't think we are against partnering with someone like that, as  long as the relationship is mutually beneficial. "Check out this vendor that does ____, they have  supported our Hackerspace by giving us some swag"  is fine.  "SYN Shop recommends you buy all your ______ gear from this vendor"  is not. Them keeping their logo on is not a problem at all.  As long as they are comfortable with those sorts of stipulations, I don't see an issue.  If we can build tutorials around their heavily discounted or free gear, I call that mutually beneficial.

--
@synshop
https://synshop.org

Krux

May 10, 2016, 5:09:46 PM5/10/16
to syn...@googlegroups.com, Brian Dirk
Yea, sounds cool.
perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'

On May 10, 2016 1:37:01 PM PDT, Brian Dirk <bria...@synshop.org> wrote:
>This sounds cool. I don't think we are against partnering with someone
>like
>that, as long as the relationship is* mutually beneficial*. "Check out

Brian Dirk

May 11, 2016, 12:04:19 AM5/11/16
to Krux, syn...@googlegroups.com, Brian Dirk
So I guess what we're saying, is keep on keeping-on, and if you need any support on that front, Dan, just let me / The Board know.