Cabinet

kr...@thcnet.net

Sep 25, 2015, 12:07:29 AM9/25/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com
So looks like a decent deal on a server cabinet. Who wants to chip in on this
with me to pick up for the shop. Looking at the rapid prototyping room, there
is the perfect space for a cabinet in the corner.

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/sop/5234737962.html

$200, some minor dings and dents, but looks to be a solid cabinet.

perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'

Mark J Koch

Sep 25, 2015, 1:47:36 AM9/25/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Is there anything wrong with the current cabinet or do we just need another?

I might be able to get a door and sides for the cabinet we have. That cabinet came from Blue Man and we are getting ready to throw out the doors and sides since we never used them.

mark

krux

Sep 25, 2015, 2:34:55 AM9/25/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com, Mark J Koch
On 2015-09-24 22:51, Mark J Koch wrote:
> Is there anything wrong with the current cabinet or do we just need
> another?
>
> I might be able to get a door and sides for the cabinet we have. That
> cabinet came from Blue Man and we are getting ready to throw out the
> doors and sides since we never used them.

The problem with that cabinet is it's not square hole or the correct
depth, so most server hardware isn't going to mount correctly in it. It
would work fine for telecom gear, but most modern stuff you get wants a
square hole rack for the mounting rails to fit.. and most server rails
are designed for a 36 inch+ deep rack.

Mark J Koch

Sep 25, 2015, 2:37:45 AM9/25/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com

Ah. makes sense.

Mark
> --
> @synshop
> https://synshop.org

Brian Munroe

Sep 25, 2015, 11:45:43 AM9/25/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Mark, didn't you say that Blue Man is having another "grab everything" coming up soon?  Any racks?

Kee, does the UNLV sale ever have stuff like this?

-- brian

Mark J Koch

Sep 26, 2015, 12:48:43 PM9/26/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Blue Man is moving over to the Luxor in a few weeks. Lots of stuff will end up being thrown in a dumpster. I’m not sure what the fate of the racks is yet. Much of it will be moved over but the new space is much smaller. I’ll keep my eye on the racks through and let the group know if they end up on the curb.

Mark

Dirk Schmidhofer

Sep 26, 2015, 1:37:08 PM9/26/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Any info on when stuff might end up on the curb would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sure many of us are dumpster-diving fanatics! (o:

Mark J Koch

Sep 26, 2015, 1:47:49 PM9/26/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com

You’ll only get a couple hours notice. It’s a few weeks away but I’ll post when I know things are available.

Mark