Metal Casting Donation Drive

Jeff Rosowski

May 10, 2017, 1:08:37 AM5/10/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com
We're looking to setup a metal casting area at SYN Shop.  Vernon has come up with a budget that will get us a nice 12" x 12" x 8.5" programmable oven, and the casting supplies we need to get started.

This is the oven, which is the bulk of the expense:

We also need to pick up casting sand, as well as other tools and supplies.

All told, we are trying to raise $1,400 toward purchasing this.  To help get us there, we need to solicit donations from SYN Shop members so we can purchase this.

If you would like to donate toward bringing this awesome capability to SYN Shop, please use our donation page here:

I'm going to start things out and kick in $100.

One final note, as since we are a 501(c)(3), donations can be deducted on your taxes.  So if you donate, let us know and we can send you a donation letter.  Just email in...@synshop.org after you donate.

Thanks,

Krux

krux

May 17, 2017, 9:47:00 AM5/17/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com, Jeff Rosowski
So far we've received donations of $280 toward this.

--
perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'

mr jones

May 17, 2017, 2:04:58 PM5/17/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com, Jeff Rosowski
Becoming a "sustaining member" of the metal casting (and the entire shop)!  If you were grandfathered in with the $40/month shop membership, you can do follow these easy steps to upgrade to the $50/month membership like I just did:
  1. Go to https://synshop.org
  2. Click "Login" in upper right & enter your username and password
  3. After logging in, click "Me" in upper right
  4. Under "Current Plan" choose "Monthly Membership [$50 recurring]" and click "Submit Changes"
This goes a long way to helping keep the shop around long term!

Cheers,
-adj

--
perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'

--
@synshop
https://synshop.org

Krux

May 17, 2017, 2:14:03 PM5/17/17
to mr jones, syn...@googlegroups.com, Jeff Rosowski
you can also rent a locker for $10 additional.

Vernon Kettmann

May 30, 2017, 3:16:24 PM5/30/17
to SYN Shop
now that I've stopped looking for this in google docs (thanks Jing), I've also thrown in 100, and will throw in a crucible as well.

-Vernon

kr...@thcnet.net

May 31, 2017, 2:42:41 AM5/31/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Update on the donation drive. We're at $448.50 raised toward the $1400 we
need.

On Tue, 9 May 2017, Jeff Rosowski wrote:

> Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 22:08:35 -0700
> From: Jeff Rosowski <kr...@synshop.org>
> To: syn...@googlegroups.com
> Subject: [synshop] Metal Casting Donation Drive
> --
> @synshop
> https://synshop.org
> ---

Caitlin Wolff

Jun 1, 2017, 1:03:28 PM6/1/17
to SYN Shop
I can't give right now, but I wanted to mention I've done metal casting and am happy to share any knowledge/experience with anyone. I have done a little bronze and mostly pewter. My brother has done aluminum as well.