Science is Everywhere Day, April 29th, Need Volunteers!

Jeff Rosowski

Mar 23, 2018, 2:41:43 PM3/23/18
to syn...@googlegroups.com
So April 29th is the Science is Everywhere Day... SYN Shop always participates by holding an open house with some demos of the shop equipment or projects.  We need people who would like to help volunteer to either run tours through the space, demo individual things, or help with logistics like signing people in, etc..  It's always a lot of fun to put on, and we get quite a few people through the space as well as usually a few new signups.

The event normally runs from I believe 10am to 5pm, and will be Sunday April 29th.

Email here or at in...@synshop.org if you want to sign up.  We'll be covering the planning at our next board meeting, on April 7th.

mr jones

Mar 29, 2018, 12:58:52 AM3/29/18
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Hey hey!

I likely can help out by running demos the lasercutter and chatting about it and such.  i'm thinking 9-1 and I can help setup too?  I'll confirm in the next week or so, but pencil me in!

cheers,
-adj

--
@synshop
https://synshop.org

krux

Mar 29, 2018, 1:27:20 PM3/29/18
to syn...@googlegroups.com, mr jones

Awesome!

Jed Daniels

Mar 29, 2018, 3:59:04 PM3/29/18
to syn...@googlegroups.com
I think I'm already down to help demo the magic lightning shooter (i.e. the tesla coil) since you'll be away. But if I'm not down for that already, please put me down for it, unless you won't be away, in which case I volunteer to do something else.

Thanks,

--jed

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 11:41 AM, Jeff Rosowski <kr...@synshop.org> wrote:

mr jones

Apr 22, 2018, 11:34:07 PM4/22/18
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Hey again!

It looks like our open house is form 11-4, so I'll plan on being there form 10-1 instead of 9-1.  Do we know who to contact to make our title a link to our site?

Cheers,
-adj

Tydence Davis

Apr 27, 2018, 1:18:24 PM4/27/18
to SYN Shop
Ill be there..!

If anyone has a 3d print that they can show off, it would be nice to have some demos there. Most of our current demos are things like the big, misprinted octopus, and some other rather broken models.

Thanks!
- Tydence