AC not working

Alicia

May 28, 2016, 4:22:11 PM5/28/16
to SYN Shop
Currently proctoring the soldering workshop this morning and the AC won't turn on. The thermostat is not getting any power. Powered it a little with a USB charger and the display finally worked, but the AC would not switch on. Help?

Bill Tomiyasu

May 28, 2016, 4:26:14 PM5/28/16
to synshop
Not a fix, but might work temporarily. Turn on the shop swamp cooler and open the front door. Keep the back bay door closed so the airflow goes through the front.

--
@synshop
https://synshop.org

Alicia Longoria-Dirk

May 28, 2016, 4:28:09 PM5/28/16
to syn...@googlegroups.com

That's a good start! Ty!

Tony

May 28, 2016, 10:48:02 PM5/28/16
to SYN Shop
Just FYI, the power was shut off for the transformer hookup, when that happened something happened to the AC system that we are still trying to figure out. Using the swamp cooler is going to be SOP until we fix the problem.

-Tony

Alicia Longoria-Dirk

May 28, 2016, 10:54:43 PM5/28/16
to syn...@googlegroups.com

Richard came and fixed it this afternoon.

Alicia Longoria-Dirk

May 28, 2016, 10:56:04 PM5/28/16
to syn...@googlegroups.com

Also Bills swamp cooler idea was awesome in a pinch. Thanks for the help!

Daniel Hill

May 29, 2016, 6:19:42 PM5/29/16
to SYN Shop
Thanks for the quick work, everyone! The class was a huge success.