Button Maker?

mr jones

Oct 1, 2015, 4:07:01 PM10/1/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

Do we have a button maker at the shop?  I'm looking for one that makes buttons  1" or 1 1/2".

Thanks!

-adj

Patrick Halm

Oct 4, 2015, 1:51:07 AM10/4/15
to SYN Shop
I have one I can bring in; it's a little old and does 1.25 or 2.25" buttons.  It'll need parts.

mr jones

Oct 4, 2015, 2:01:07 AM10/4/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com

Patrick,

That sounds awesome! What kinda "needs parts" is this? I assume at a minimum the button pieces. What else.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
adj

--
@synshop
https://synshop.org

Patrick Halm

Oct 4, 2015, 2:12:50 AM10/4/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com

Just button pieces far as I know. It uses "badge a minit" button parts. It takes a bit of practice to get your buttons printing nicely and it's hard on the wrists to use for extended runs, but I bet there are synshop solutions to its shortcomings.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SYN Shop" group.

mr jones

Oct 4, 2015, 6:05:18 PM10/4/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com

Patrick,

Thanks for the info! This looks like the only place to get it (direct, no Amazon):

http://www.badgeaminit.com/100214pincol.html

That look right to you?

Cheers,
adj

Patrick Halm

Oct 4, 2015, 7:40:31 PM10/4/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, those are the ones. I used to get mine off ebay, but the price is probably conferrable.

this is basically how the Badge a minit process works. It's definitely served me well for years of small conventions, but If you intend to make a lot of buttons, a machine more like this might be worth the investment:

mr jones

Oct 5, 2015, 5:13:33 PM10/5/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Patrick,

Awesome, thanks for all the info!  I'll let you know if I'm gonna pull the trigger on this project.

cheers,
-adj