New 3D print shop opening in Henderson today (Friday)

Kent Caldwell

Oct 21, 2016, 1:12:33 PM10/21/16
to SYN Shop
Hey everyone,

My friend Alex is opening his 3D print shop / service studio today in Henderson. There's a launch party from 3-8pm where he'll have printers running (SLA, FDM, and a projet powder printer I think) as well as demos of 3D scanning with the Artec Eva. Snacks and drinks will be available - should be good fun for all ages.

I'll be doing a live digital sculpt in Zbrush for the event and showing examples of how I integrate 3D printing into my creative workflow as a sculptor and performance artist (www.kentcaldwell.com).

If you have time, come out and support this local, emerging Maker business!

Address is:

145 N Gibson Rd suite B, Henderson, NV 89014-6713, United States

14542596_141053603022082_208232655448153719_o.jpg

Krux

Oct 21, 2016, 1:26:39 PM10/21/16
to syn...@googlegroups.com, Kent Caldwell
Thanks!

We get instances where people, who are not members, want to have something printed for them, either because they don't want to learn to do it themselves, or they don't have their time to do so. As a hackerspace, we are all about learning to make things yourself, so we don't offer manufacturing services. Our model is you pay $50 a month, and that gets you access to any of our tools, which you can then use to make what ever you want. But if that doesn't work for someone, it's good to know there is a place in town that does offer 3D printing services that we can direct people to.