DEF CON Toxic BBQ 24

Daniel Hill

Jul 28, 2016, 4:00:12 PM7/28/16
to SYN Shop

Toxic BBQ is a yearly DEF CON gathering on the Thursday evening off-Strip in Las Vegas' Sunset Park. If you haven't been, it's a laid back hangout in the summer heat where you can meet awesome people, eat meat, and talk shop before the fun begins in earnest. Graverobber usually sets up and fronts the cash for Toxic BBQ, but he's going to be out of town this year so a few locals are handling it.  We are looking for some logistical assistance to make it memorable.

Looking for the following:

  1. Drivers to assist hackers from the convention to the park and back.

  2. Publicity. The resurrection was too late to make the convention program. Going to DEF CON?  Willing to hold a sign at LineCon?  Have an idea to publicize it?  Let me know.

  3. You. Bring beer, or meat, or snacks, or all three. If you had a good time, donate some cash to defray the cost.

DEF CON sees hackers coming from all over the world, and this unique non-sponsored event is where many friendships started.  My DEF CON experiences started at Toxic BBQ. Any local help to keep a kick-ass idea rolling would be appreciated.