Flying Motorcycle at Local Motors

Bill Tomiyasu

May 6, 2015, 1:59:22 PM5/6/15
to Committee
Gina O'Connell at Local Motors has graciously invited SYN Shop to check out a gyrocopter motorcycle that is visiting at Local Motors. This open house is scheduled for next Monday (11th) from 4:30 - 5:30pm at the Local Motors building on Las Vegas Blvd. and Stewart. We might stay a bit longer since the shop opens at 6pm. Please respond to this thread if you can come so I can get a rough head count. Thx!

Aakin Patel

May 6, 2015, 2:59:58 PM5/6/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com
I would love to go, but am uncertain I can get away from work. I will be a maybe; it depends on if there are any ongoing issues that day.

- Aakin

--
@synshop
https://synshop.org

mr jones

May 6, 2015, 3:56:16 PM5/6/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Bill,

So, I feel kinda silly for asking, but do know if they're gonna fire
it up and fly it at all? I suspect not given it's not an airport and
such, but I figure it's worth asking. My kids would be interested to
go, but WAY more interested if that baby is gonna lift off ;)

thanks!

-adj

Bill Tomiyasu

May 6, 2015, 4:03:51 PM5/6/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Gina said that the prop is not installed so not going to fly. The maker won't be there which is why this is more like an open house viewing than an actual event.

mr jones

May 6, 2015, 4:10:57 PM5/6/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Bill,

Gotcha! Thanks for the details. I'll let ya know if me (and the
kids) are gonna rally.

-adj

Gina O'Connell

May 10, 2015, 1:25:43 PM5/10/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com
NEWS FLASH:  The creator of the flying motorcycle, Dezso Molnar, is here in Vegas.  He needs to be in Palo Alto on Tuesday with his creation.  Unfortunately, Dezso needs to leave today due to the recent snowstorm in Yosemite forcing him to take a longer route.  Sorry for the change in plans.  Dezso's plan is to head out by dark.  He would love to meet everybody this evening at Local Motors if anyone is available (I know it's Mothers Day).

Let me know if anyone wants to stop by Local Motors this evening before Dezso takes off for Cali.

Thanks...Gina
Gina O'Connell
General Manager
Local Motors Las Vegas
515 East Stewart Avenue
Las Vegas, Nevada  89101
(702) 715-1722 (cell)

Watch Local Motors make history in a time-lapse video of the world's first 3D-printed car:

A World of Vehicle Innovations

Bill Tomiyasu

May 10, 2015, 7:30:51 PM5/10/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com
I can't make it today. Will the bike still be there tomorrow?

-BillT
Sent from my iPhone

Aakin Patel

May 10, 2015, 7:33:50 PM5/10/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com
​I'm not able to make it today either.​

Bill Tomiyasu

May 11, 2015, 4:25:39 PM5/11/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com
In case anyone missed it, the flying motorcycle went back to California last night. There's no open house at Local Motors today. Sorry!