Locksport

Angelo Robledo

Aug 22, 2016, 2:18:06 AM8/22/16
to SYN Shop
Hi all!

Noticed you hosted a locksport night for pickers last year and was wondering if you'd ever do one again. Got into lock picking the last 12 months and have been looking for other pickers in the Vegas valley.

Thanks,
Angelo

kr...@thcnet.net

Aug 22, 2016, 4:09:34 AM8/22/16
to SYN Shop
> Noticed you hosted a locksport night for pickers last year and was
> wondering if you'd ever do one again. Got into lock picking the last 12
> months and have been looking for other pickers in the Vegas valley.

We host a lock picking night every month on the second Monday of the month.
The next one is September 12th. And they are always posted on our meetup
page.

https://www.meetup.com/synshop/events/233316410/

perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'

Daniel Braisted

Aug 23, 2016, 6:06:09 AM8/23/16
to SYN Shop
Has anyone seen the clear locks for sale?...to speed up the learning of lock picking.
Was thinking of ordering some ..then donating them to SynShop...
Daniel

krux

Aug 23, 2016, 11:56:58 AM8/23/16
to syn...@googlegroups.com, Daniel Braisted
There are several types. We have a couple at the shop that I've picked
up and donated to the shop.

There are the ones that look like this. They are built VERY cheaply...
and you can usually find them for $3 to $5 on ebay. Of course companies
will resell them for around $20, but they are the same cheap padlock.
They are very easy to pick however, as from my experience they pretty
much just fall open, so are good for a beginner.

http://www.advancedtechlocksmithsupply.com/-Transparent-Clear-Practice-Padlock-Lock_p_27.html

Another type, which is made a bit better, is this style

http://www.lockpicks.com/brockhagear-clear-practice-lock-standard-pins.html

I've seen them in the $30 to $70 range. We have one of these at the
shop with security pins. The tolerances are better, so it's a harder
lock to pick than the clear padlocks.

The other type I've seen but not used, for some other styles of locks
are these:

https://wizardsoflocks.com/clear-dimple-practice-cylinder
http://www.lockpicks.com/catalog/product/view/id/5686/s/dimple-clear-practice-lock/

Which are for dimple locks.