Anyone have a slow motion camera?

Kelly Anderson

Jan 3, 2017, 5:36:20 AM1/3/17
to SYN Shop
I'm looking for a camera for a short term project. I need at least 1000 FPS, I think. Anyone happen to have one lying about?

-Kelly

krux

Feb 14, 2017, 6:12:46 PM2/14/17
to SYN Shop
it would be nice to get a high speed camera for some shots of the ring launcher being fired as well.

Kelly Anderson

Feb 18, 2017, 2:33:57 AM2/18/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com
I think there will be 1000 fps cameras on cell phones within 2 years. Sony was showing the camera at CES this January. So soon peeps. Soon.

--
@synshop
https://synshop.org

dan.g...@unlv.edu

Feb 24, 2017, 12:01:37 PM2/24/17
to SYN Shop
You could consider renting the Sony DSC-RX10II which does 960 fps at 800 x 270p.

https://www.borrowlenses.com/product/Sony-CyberShot-DSCRX10-II-Digital-Camera

That isn't great resolution but not bad for the price.  I saw a demo at CES in the Sony booth and the image quality is impressive but there is considerable render time after each shot.

-Dan

Krux

Feb 24, 2017, 2:36:41 PM2/24/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com, dan.g...@unlv.edu
didn't even think about camera rentals. that's good to know.

Tim Gibson

Mar 1, 2017, 5:13:52 PM3/1/17
to SYN Shop
I think David E Grason and Nico have high speed cameras...

David Grayson

Mar 1, 2017, 6:01:49 PM3/1/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I have an old one. It's a Casion Exilim ZR-200. The fastest
possible speed is 1000 FPS, but at that speed you only get 224x64
pixels, and it will be grainy and require a lot of light.

--David Grayson

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Tim Gibson <zenf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think David E Grason and Nico have high speed cameras...
>
> --
> @synshop
> https://synshop.org
> ---

Joseph Shaul

Mar 1, 2017, 6:41:30 PM3/1/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com
There are also versions of the Sony RX100 and Nikon J cameras that will provide the required footage. That said, as David suggests, you will require a monumental amount of light. Consider a set of 1,000W incandescent worklights - you'll want many thousands of lumens.

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 4:01 PM, David Grayson <davide...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yeah, I have an old one.  It's a Casion Exilim ZR-200.  The fastest
possible speed is 1000 FPS, but at that speed you only get 224x64
pixels, and it will be grainy and require a lot of light.

--David Grayson

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Tim Gibson <zenf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think David E Grason and Nico have high speed cameras...
>
> --
> @synshop
> https://synshop.org
> ---

@synshop
https://synshop.org
---

Joseph Shaul

Mar 1, 2017, 6:49:42 PM3/1/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Your best value would likely be the RX100 V, which has a much larger buffer than its' predecessors and supports up to HD resolution at 960FPS. It's $65 to rent for a week. Don't let the small size fool you - optical quality is on par with the much larger RX10 due to a shared sensor, though the zoom range is much smaller.

postmowoods

Mar 1, 2017, 7:37:44 PM3/1/17
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Wow, that sounds worth trying out. I don't need super high res. What's the best way to borrow it for a bit? Text me at 801-368-1792 and we will work it out.

Kelly

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note® 3

Yeah, I have an old one.  It's a Casion Exilim ZR-200.  The fastest
possible speed is 1000 FPS, but at that speed you only get 224x64
pixels, and it will be grainy and require a lot of light.

--David Grayson

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Tim Gibson <zenf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think David E Grason and Nico have high speed cameras...
>
> --
> @synshop
> https://synshop.org
> ---