Laser cutter error

mr jones

Oct 25, 2015, 2:12:13 PM10/25/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com

Hey all,

I'm trying to do a project and get the error "The Activation Grace Period has expired. Please Activate your laser for full functionality" when I go cut. Initial searches don't turn up anything.

Anybody know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Cheers,
adj

Aakin Patel

Oct 25, 2015, 2:23:33 PM10/25/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com

Talked to Vanessa, she didn't know how to fix that, said she will ask at work tomorrow. I know we encountered this before, and the fix was something simple but odd - hard resetting the computer and laser cutter, or resetting the laser cutter's IP, or something of that nature.

Basically, the software got kicked into demo mode, which is only good for 80 hours, and obviously, we have put well over that on the laser cutter.

--
@synshop
https://synshop.org

mr jones

Oct 26, 2015, 12:01:18 AM10/26/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Aakin!

I put an "out of order" sign on it.

Also, when I was prepping my cut and went to use the focus tool, just touching it to the head caused the brass piece to move. I didn't know how to tighten it, but assumed that this was bad.

Cheers,
adj

Aakin Patel

Oct 28, 2015, 11:12:18 PM10/28/15
to syn...@googlegroups.com

The laser cutter is back in operation.

Chris Chan

Nov 2, 2016, 5:00:32 PM11/2/16
to SYN Shop
how did you guys fix this problem?

i'm experiencing the same thing with my FSL laser. I live in portland, oregon - trying to google a fix and i came across this thread - any help would be appreciated i have a deadline for tomorrow afternoon and unfortunately FSL support is not currently open until 7am :/