Re: [synshop] Digest for synshop@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 1 topic

Kee Choi

Sep 27, 2015, 4:41:24 AM9/27/15
to Digest recipients
UNLV has a lot of stuff. It's worth checking out the surplus sale from time because they get different stuff in regularly. The public sale happens every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month between 1:30 and 4.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 10:09 PM <syn...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Mark J Koch <ma...@synshop.org>: Sep 24 10:51PM -0700

Is there anything wrong with the current cabinet or do we just need another?

I might be able to get a door and sides for the cabinet we have. That cabinet came from Blue Man and we are getting ready to throw out the doors and sides since we never used them.

mark

krux <kr...@thcnet.net>: Sep 24 11:34PM -0700

On 2015-09-24 22:51, Mark J Koch wrote:

> I might be able to get a door and sides for the cabinet we have. That
> cabinet came from Blue Man and we are getting ready to throw out the
> doors and sides since we never used them.

The problem with that cabinet is it's not square hole or the correct
depth, so most server hardware isn't going to mount correctly in it. It
would work fine for telecom gear, but most modern stuff you get wants a
square hole rack for the mounting rails to fit.. and most server rails
are designed for a 36 inch+ deep rack.

--
perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'
Mark J Koch <ma...@synshop.org>: Sep 24 11:41PM -0700

Ah. makes sense.

Mark

Brian Munroe <br...@synshop.org>: Sep 25 08:45AM -0700

Mark, didn't you say that Blue Man is having another "grab everything"
coming up soon? Any racks?

Kee, does the UNLV sale ever have stuff like this?

-- brian

--
@syn_shop
http://www.meetup.com/synshop/