Bay Area Maker Faire

krux

Feb 14, 2018, 1:59:52 PM2/14/18
to synshop
Do we have anyone interested in helping out with a SYN Shop booth at the
Bay Area Maker Faire? I've only heard from one person. We'll probably
want at least six.

Deadline to submit is February 25th

Aakin Patel

Feb 14, 2018, 4:47:13 PM2/14/18
to syn...@googlegroups.com
I don't have the time off, unfortunately.

- Aakin

--
@synshop
https://synshop.org

Tydence Davis

Feb 18, 2018, 5:23:33 PM2/18/18
to SYN Shop
Just realized the dates are May 18, 19 & 20.

I’m interested. What all is involved?

krux

Feb 20, 2018, 12:15:39 PM2/20/18
to syn...@googlegroups.com, Tydence Davis
> Just realized the dates are May 18, 19 & 20.
>
> I’m interested. What all is involved?

I didn't apply as we only had about half the people required to run the
booth. We need at least six people. It'd involve getting there
Thursday for setup (though not everyone has to be there Thursday, it
does help if you can), then the show Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. And
pretty much just talking to people about SYN Shop, hackerspaces, etc..
and running whatever demos we bring, such as the ring launcher. Then
tear down everything end of day Sunday, and go drink beer and eat pizza
at the bring-a-hack meetup that happens every year after Maker Faire.

If we get some more interest, we could still apply late and possibly get
a spot. But as of right now, I'm not planning on it.