GSOC 2018 project discussion: Ordinary differential equation

Vishal Gupta

Feb 17, 2018, 12:17:25 AM2/17/18
to sympy
Hello, I am Vishal Kumar Gupta a 4th year undergraduate student at IIT Kharagpur. I will be a GSOC applicant this year. I have been contributing to sympy since december 2017.

I want to discuss on the Ordinary differential equation idea as given on the Idea's page here.

What are the functionalities that are left and parts that needs to be improved?
What are the works that should be done as GSOC project?

Jason Moore

Feb 18, 2018, 2:36:17 PM2/18/18
to sy...@googlegroups.com
Vishal,

I recommend viewing all the issues related to the ODEs and to try solving incrementally harder problems with the current module. You will likely find ideas for improvement while doing those two tasks.

Jason

Vishal Gupta

Mar 18, 2018, 12:21:27 PM3/18/18
to sy...@googlegroups.com
I have read GSoC 2018 ideas page under topic "Ordinary differential equations" and read about the possible work which could be implemented in ode module.
Is following mentioned work sufficient for my GSoC proposal ?
  • support of 'lie group' to help solve ODE.
  • linear systems with constant coefficients and non constant forcing term
  • general linear systems of more than two equations
  • determination and analysis of stability of equilibria of nonlinear autonomous systems
Leonid Kovalev Please help!

Warm regards
From Vishal Gupta
3rdyear Under Graduate student
IIT Kharagpur

Vishal Gupta

Mar 19, 2018, 9:49:16 AM3/19/18
to sy...@googlegroups.com, jks...@gmail.com
Hello, I am Vishal Kumar Gupta a 4th year undergraduate student at IIT Kharagpur. I want to discuss on the Ordinary differential equation idea as given on the Idea's page here.
    • support of 'lie group' to help solve ODE.
    • A simple method to find out when an ordinary differential equation is separable
    • linear systems with constant coefficients and non constant forcing term
    • general linear systems of more than two equations
    • determination and analysis of stability of equilibria of nonlinear autonomous systems
      Is above mentioned topics enough for my GSoC proposal? What prerequisite I have to complete before starting?
      I have done some work in ode module Improving dsolve for systems

      Warm regards
      From Vishal Gupta
      4th year Under Graduate student
      IIT Kharagpur

      Vishal Gupta

      Mar 26, 2018, 8:53:33 AM3/26/18
      to sympy
      I have started a wiki page in https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2018-Application-of-Vishal-Kumar-Gupta-:-Improving-Ordinary-Differential-Equations-solver for my GSoC 2018 proposal. Please review and suggest changes!