Future of Plotting in Sympy-Live and Gamma

sachin004

Nov 24, 2012, 10:12:04 AM11/24/12
to sy...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,
    Currently Sympy-Live doesn't plot any graphs as app-engine doesn't support matplotlib. But what is the future of sympy-live and gamma in case of plotting graphs.

Aaron Meurer

Nov 24, 2012, 7:09:52 PM11/24/12
to sy...@googlegroups.com
I think we can implement the same thing that SymPy-Gamma uses, D3.  What we need to do is move all that plotting code to SymPy itself as a new backend.  Then, we integrate it properly in SymPy Live so that you just have to call plot(), and it does the right thing.

Aaron Meurer