Google Scholar alerts for SymPy

Aaron Meurer

Jul 13, 2016, 12:00:43 PM7/13/16
to sy...@googlegroups.com
If anyone is interested in seeing some of the broad ways that people use SymPy, at least in academic settings, I would recommend setting up a Google Scholar alert for SymPy https://scholar.google.com/scholar_alerts?view_op=list_alerts&hl=en.

Here is a nice example, which is a pure math paper which is relatively simple (anyone should be able to follow it), which uses SymPy to do a calculation in a proof near the end. https://arxiv.org/abs/1606.05398

Aaron Meurer

Jason Moore

Jul 13, 2016, 12:16:28 PM7/13/16
to sy...@googlegroups.com
I've also got a shared zotero group with these kinds of papers:

https://www.zotero.org/groups/sympy

Let me know if you want to be added to it. I've been trying to do light reviews of each in the notes to specify how each paper uses SymPy. I started this to help build a portion of the current SymPy paper that folks have been working on.

Also, Depsy is a cool new tool for collecting impact of software in the academic sphere. It does not yet have google scholar integration (probably won't because google scholar's deal with the publisher doesn't give any public api access to the data).