You can now grant people access to push to your PRs

Aaron Meurer

Sep 7, 2016, 3:01:53 PM9/7/16
to sy...@googlegroups.com
GitHub now has a checkbox that you can check on your PRs, which lets you grant project maintainers access to push to that branch. See https://github.com/blog/2247-improving-collaboration-with-forks. So now, if someone has checked that box, instead of waiting for them to fix issues from your review, you can just push changes to their branch directly.

Aaron Meurer

Jason Moore

Sep 7, 2016, 3:56:46 PM9/7/16
to sy...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! A long needed feature. This can really help cut down on the time it takes to make small, minor, and inconsequential changes. And we no longer have to do pr's against other people's pr. This will really help the workflow.
On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 12:01 PM, Aaron Meurer <asme...@gmail.com> wrote:
GitHub now has a checkbox that you can check on your PRs, which lets you grant project maintainers access to push to that branch. See https://github.com/blog/2247-improving-collaboration-with-forks. So now, if someone has checked that box, instead of waiting for them to fix issues from your review, you can just push changes to their branch directly.

Aaron Meurer

Samuel Lelièvre

Sep 7, 2016, 4:28:22 PM9/7/16
to sympy

2016-09-07 21:01:53 UTC+2, Aaron Meurer:
GitHub now has a checkbox that you can check on your PRs, which lets you grant project maintainers access to push to that branch. See https://github.com/blog/2247-improving-collaboration-with-forks. So now, if someone has checked that box, instead of waiting for them to fix issues from your review, you can just push changes to their branch directly.

Aaron Meurer

Does this help with your "idea for PR reviewing"?

Aaron Meurer

Sep 7, 2016, 4:30:46 PM9/7/16
to sy...@googlegroups.com
It will make reviewing easier, because if someone doesn't respond to a review I can just push the fix. That's assuming they checked the box (it's off by default).

It doesn't help with finding which PRs to review, which is what my other discussion is about. Maybe it would be useful to be able to see at a glance which pull requests I can push fixes to.

Aaron Meurer