Introduction

Nikunj Parmar

Mar 19, 2018, 3:16:42 PM3/19/18
to sympy
Hello there,

My name is Nikunj Parmar, a sophomore student at Nirma University.I am pursuing Mechanical Engineering. I have been using python since 2016. I have pretty good background in mathematics, engineering and programming. I am new to open source projects. Someone, please help me where should I start? here is my info.

Computer Languages are known: C/C++, Python, Objective-C, MATLAB, Octave, HTML/CSS.
Algorithmic Interests: Grover's Algorithm.
I am good at Linear Algebra.
I am not familiar with Sympy but I am ready to learn new things and like to contribute some useful lines.

I would like to work in below areas,

1)Ordinary Differential Equations

2)Series expansions

3)Implementation of vector integration

4)Parsing

As a Mechanical Engineering student, I am very much familiar with first three topics.

Find me here

Thank you.

Maxence Mayrand

Mar 27, 2018, 3:40:11 AM3/27/18
to sympy
Hello,

I am a PhD student in pure mathematics at the University of Oxford, UK. I've been coding for the past 7 years as a hobby, but I'm new to open source. I've been using symbolic computations in Mathematica a lot for my research, but I just discovered this open source project and I'm really excited to contribute. One thing I would like to do is improve the liealgebras module, as this is one of my area of expertise and I already coded many classes and functions in python for Lie algebra computations.

Best wishes,

Maxence Mayrand

Francesco Bonazzi

Mar 27, 2018, 8:21:23 AM3/27/18
to sympy

On Tuesday, 27 March 2018 09:40:11 UTC+2, Maxence Mayrand wrote:
One thing I would like to do is improve the liealgebras module, as this is one of my area of expertise and I already coded many classes and functions in python for Lie algebra computations.

That's interesting. Do you have some links?

By the way, do you wish to apply for the GSoC or just simply contribute?

Maxence Mayrand

Mar 27, 2018, 8:30:37 AM3/27/18
to sympy
Not yet, but I plan to post them on my GitHub account in the next few days.
I wrote these codes mainly for my latest paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/1709.09126
See the examples at the end (section 6).

I don't plan to apply for the GSoC, I simply want to contribute.

Francesco Bonazzi

Mar 27, 2018, 11:08:32 AM3/27/18
to sympy

On Tuesday, 27 March 2018 14:30:37 UTC+2, Maxence Mayrand wrote:
Not yet, but I plan to post them on my GitHub account in the next few days.
I wrote these codes mainly for my latest paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/1709.09126
See the examples at the end (section 6).

I see it's very specific. There is already some generic work:
http://docs.sympy.org/latest/modules/liealgebras/index.html