Topics and presenters for the last code jam of the year (Code Jam 5)

cammanderson

Nov 16, 2011, 3:54:37 PM11/16/11
to Symfony2 Melbourne
Hi Guys,

What topics would people like to discuss for our next code jam? Has
anyone got some ideas and willing to put together a task for the team
to undertake?

Cheers
Cam

Zuhair Naqvi

Nov 17, 2011, 1:42:45 AM11/17/11
to symfony2-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cam,

Have you guys had a presentation on the admin generator bundle (http://sonata-project.org/bundles/) yet, if not, it'll be a great topic to cover; especially for devs migrating from 1.x to 2.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Kate Lanyon

Nov 17, 2011, 7:19:27 AM11/17/11
to symfony2-...@googlegroups.com
I could put together something on the Behat bundle.
It would be a a bit of a struggle to get it ready for the next meeting though.

cammanderson

Nov 28, 2011, 11:15:32 PM11/28/11
to Symfony2 Melbourne
Hi Zuhair,

No, but it would be a great insight if you could show us through?
Recon you could prepare for next week? Would be awesome to have a walk-
though and pass on some of the benefits?

Speak soon
Cheers
Cam

cammanderson

Nov 28, 2011, 11:16:36 PM11/28/11
to Symfony2 Melbourne
Kate that would be super cool - can we twist your arm at all to give
us some background and overview?? I would really like to learn more
about behat, only seen some stuff at a presentation and would be great
to describe and show the team!

Sam Jarrett

Dec 4, 2011, 5:58:03 PM12/4/11
to Symfony2 Melbourne
Hey All,

I've posted it on the meetup group, but wanted to make sure everyone
got it:

We've rescheduled tomorrow's code jam to next Tuesday (December 13).

Can anyone no longer able to attend make sure they update their status
on the meetup: http://www.meetup.com/Melbourne-Symfony2-Group/events/28652751/

Cheers!
Sam

cammanderson

Dec 18, 2011, 9:10:03 PM12/18/11
to Symfony2 Melbourne
Hi Guys

Last time I talked about Dependency Injection and the service
container in Symfony2. We also worked on creating our own services and
configuring them using XML. We decided to break into smaller teams of
2 this time and buddy programmed which naturally allowed for more
experienced developers to show newer developers some of the framework
features. Seemed to work well!

Really hoping that we can have some others helping to present next
year. They are great to run, but even better to have some love shared
back.

Adrian mentioned an idea that maybe getting a few 5 minute
presentations and then people to work on their own code or a challenge
might be a nice way to attempt ones in the future - what do people
think?

Thanks guys
Cheers
Cam

Nigel Dunn

Dec 18, 2011, 11:24:37 PM12/18/11
to symfony2-...@googlegroups.com
Any chance of making screencasts of these so those that can't attend or people wanting to jump into symfony can check them out online.
Especially if they are only 5 minute presentations, perfect for a community video learning portal ;)

cammanderson

Dec 19, 2011, 12:33:10 AM12/19/11
to Symfony2 Melbourne
Yep sounds good! :-)