Install WinFax Pro 8.0 on Win 98

Eric C [Symantec]

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98
Hello,

Bypass the initial multimedia setup by holding the SHIFT key while inserting
the CD ROM.

Then, from the WINFAX80 directory click on the SETUP.EXE file to begin the
installation.

Hope this helps,

Sincerely,

Eric C [Symantec]
Online Services, Symantec Corporation

For Technical Support:
WinFax: http://service.symantec.com/winfax/
Talkworks: http://service.symantec.com/talkworks/

To Download Updates & Patches:
http://service.symantec.com/winfax/files_winfax.html

For a list of compatible modems for WinFax and Talkworks
Talkworks: http://service.symantec.com/twk8list.html
WinFax : http://www.symantec.com/winfax/index_winfax80.html

Need an upgrade? Have WinFax LITE, 2.0, 3.0? For a special price click...
http://shop.symantec.com

Please continue to post your messages to these discussion groups as we do
not provide support through private E-Mail.

J. Stuermer wrote in message <980829150002.0688464155@servicenews>...
Configuration Information:
Operating system: --Other--

I am trying to reload WinFax Pro 8.0 on my reformated laptop working
under Windows 98. Every time I attempt a reload, it will not
progress past the main loading screen. The message "loading"
followed by the dots move across the bottom of the screen until the
dot line ends.
I have attempted to start the intall procedure from the default on
disk being placed into the drive, from run and from Install new
software.

J.Stuermer

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98
On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 11:02:28 -0400, Eric C [Symantec] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Bypass the initial multimedia setup by holding the SHIFT key while inserting
> the CD ROM.
>
> Then, from the WINFAX80 directory click on the SETUP.EXE file to begin the
> installation.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Eric C [Symantec]
> Online Services, Symantec Corporation
>
> For Technical Support:

I tried this without success. I went to My Computer, and when I
clicked on the CD Icon the setup program started. I got the same
problem. I then went to Run and tried by clicking on setup.exe and
again go the same problem.

Eric C [Symantec]

Sep 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/29/98
Hello,

Double clicking on the CD ROM icon from MY COMPUTER will start the
multimedia setup.

Use Explorer to view the contents of the CD ROM drive.
Locate the WINFAX80 directory and then double click SETUP.EXE