1st ACT

Wil

Sep 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/22/98
Configuration Information:
Network: --Other--

To: Paul Carter

Modifing and designing custom reports are part of the 1st ACT
software. I do not have my manual with me at this time to refer to
chapter/ paragraph. Please look into this further.

Thank you.

Patti Fort [Symantec]

Sep 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/22/98
On 22 Sep 1998 12:32:31 GMT, Wil <xBail...@AOL.com> wrote:

>Modifing and designing custom reports are part of the 1st ACT
>software. I do not have my manual with me at this time to refer to
>chapter/ paragraph. Please look into this further.

Hello Wil,

You can modify or create a template (*.TPL) with 1stACT!, but not a
report (*.REP) .

To modify an existing template select File, Open. Change the file type
to template and locate the templates directory. Select the template
you want to edit.

To create a new template select File, New, Letter template.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Patti Fort [Symantec]
ACT! Technical Support
Symantec Corporation

Please continue to post your messages to the public discussion groups
as Symantec does not provide support via private email.

If you have difficulty getting a response, please read the following
article:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/1998527114414

For free technical support newsletters, Knowledge Base support
articles, our Online Support Genie, and FAQs, visit our ACT! support
page:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/act.html

wil3

Sep 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/22/98
On Tue, 22 Sep 1998 18:29:02 GMT, Patti Fort [Symantec] wrote:
> On 22 Sep 1998 12:32:31 GMT, Wil wrote:
>
> >Modifing and designing custom reports are part of the 1st ACT
> >software. I do not have my manual with me at this time to refer to
> >chapter/ paragraph. Please look into this further.
>
> Hello Wil,
>
> You can modify or create a template (*.TPL) with 1stACT!, but not a
> report (*.REP) .
>
> To modify an existing template select File, Open. Change the file type
> to template and locate the templates directory. Select the template
> you want to edit.

9/22/98 @ 5:10pm
Hello Patti,

Please apologize to Paul Carter, I stand corrected. Thank you for
correcting me.

Patti, please look at my 5:48am, 9/21/98 orginal question for further
detail. My problem is that I have modified a templete but can not
get it to list the data for the group selected. It only list the
information for the first contact in the group or it will list each
contact information as a new page/report rather than consecutively.

I appreciate your help. This information templete is very important
to me.

Thank you. Wil.

> To create a new template select File, New, Letter template.
>
> Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
>
> Patti Fort [Symantec]
> ACT! Technical Support
> Symantec Corporation
>
> Please continue to post your messages to the public discussion groups
> as Symantec does not provide support via private email.
>
> If you have difficulty getting a response, please read the following
> article:
>
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/1998527114414
>
> For free technical support newsletters, Knowledge Base support
> articles, our Online Support Genie, and FAQs, visit our ACT! support
> page:
>
> http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/act.html

9/22/98 Patti, please see my reply in the middle of your answer to
me. Sorry I thought I was at the end.

Wil.

Patti Fort [Symantec]

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98
On 22 Sep 1998 21:11:39 GMT, wil3 <xBail...@AOL.com> wrote:

>Patti, please look at my 5:48am, 9/21/98 orginal question for further
>detail. My problem is that I have modified a templete but can not
>get it to list the data for the group selected. It only list the
>information for the first contact in the group or it will list each
>contact information as a new page/report rather than consecutively.

Hello Wil,

Templates are used for letter type documents and bring in data for one
contact only. Reports access and display data for multiple contacts.
The mechanism reports use is the <start contact>, <end contact>
fields. <start contact> is on a line by itself, followed by the merge
fields. <end contact> is also on a line by itself right after the
merge fields. You may want a blank line prior to the <end contact> for
spacing purposes.

I do not have 1st ACT! installed and do not know if <start contact>
and <end contact> will be available to you.

I suggest you contact customer service to upgrade to ACT! 3.0 for
Windows 3.1. If you are using Windows 95 upgrade to ACT! 4.0 for
Windows 95/NT.

Customer Service can be reached at:

phone 800-441-7234
email cust...@symantec.com
web site http://www.symantec.com/custserv/cust1.html

wil4

Sep 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/26/98
Patti, Thank you for your advise on upgrade. I do have end and start
avail. in act1. I modified Directory Report to meet my needs since I
never used this report. I have not had the time to check my manual,
but do you know if act will total a numerical cells, for multiple
contacts ? Or, can I transfer contents of numerical cell for a group
to spread sheet for calculations ?

Again, thanks for your time. It is much appreciated. Have a good
weekend.

Wil.

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998 16:27:33 GMT, Patti Fort [Symantec] wrote:
> On 22 Sep 1998 21:11:39 GMT, wil3 wrote:
>
> >Patti, please look at my 5:48am, 9/21/98 orginal question for further
> >detail. My problem is that I have modified a templete but can not
> >get it to list the data for the group selected. It only list the
> >information for the first contact in the group or it will list each
> >contact information as a new page/report rather than consecutively.
>
> Hello Wil,
>
> Templates are used for letter type documents and bring in data for one
> contact only. Reports access and display data for multiple contacts.

> The mechanism reports use is the ,
> fields. is on a line by itself, followed by the merge
> fields. is also on a line by itself right after the
> merge fields. You may want a blank line prior to the for

> spacing purposes.
>
> I do not have 1st ACT! installed and do not know if

> and will be available to you.

Chris Underwood [Symantec]

Sep 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/28/98
On 26 Sep 1998 11:58:00 GMT, wil4 <xBail...@AOL.com> wrote:

>Patti, Thank you for your advise on upgrade. I do have end and start
>avail. in act1. I modified Directory Report to meet my needs since I
>never used this report. I have not had the time to check my manual,
>but do you know if act will total a numerical cells, for multiple
>contacts ? Or, can I transfer contents of numerical cell for a group
>to spread sheet for calculations ?
>
>Again, thanks for your time. It is much appreciated. Have a good
>weekend.

Hello There,

There may be a way to get the totaling to work in the report. We do
not support Custom Reports in On-Line services. However, you may want
to check out the following link to the Knowledge Base on Reporting
tips.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/act.nsf/docid/199667114932

If you are in the 3.0 version then you should check out this document
as well.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/act.nsf/docid/199752073343

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Chris Underwood [Symantec Corp.]