Free Giant Desk with powered lift

Nathan von Hartitzsch

Aug 6, 2017, 4:39:26 AM8/6/17
to Robots & Dinosaurs

Hello there,

I am relocating back to Auckland on August 17th.  Sadly the desk is to big to move back to New Zealand.

Would anyone be interested in picking up a giant desk with powered lift from Alexandria?

Currently the desk has one issue the motors have stopped lifting. Which may require reseting the lift mechanism.

Cheers,

Nathan

Praetorian_TMOTC

Aug 6, 2017, 10:16:57 PM8/6/17
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Hi Nathan,

Potentially interested as I'm after a new desk. Can you send a picture please?

Cheers.

Adrian

Paul Hutchison

Aug 6, 2017, 11:15:25 PM8/6/17
to Robots & Dinosaurs

Also potentially interested

Nathan von Hartitzsch

Aug 6, 2017, 11:45:59 PM8/6/17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I have attached a picture with dimensions. When back home I can post some extra pics including the white laminate desk top.

image1.JPG

Cheers,
Nathan
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Robots & Dinosaurs" group.

Nathan von Hartitzsch

Aug 7, 2017, 1:36:48 AM8/7/17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Some extra photos with the white desktop...

image1.JPG
image2.JPG

image3.JPG
Sent from my iPhone

On 7 Aug 2017, at 1:15 pm, Paul Hutchison <pa...@pcdev.co.nz> wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Robots & Dinosaurs" group.

Paul Hutchison

Aug 7, 2017, 2:59:13 AM8/7/17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com

Any idea what the issue is with the lift mech? How is it controlled?

Message has been deleted

Nathan von Hartitzsch

Aug 9, 2017, 9:52:56 PM8/9/17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com

Hi Folks,

Are you still keen to pick it up?

No replies by Friday @ 3pm and it goes to council clean up.

Nathan

Sent from my iPhone

Paul Hutchison

Aug 10, 2017, 12:26:03 AM8/10/17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com

Sorry dude, as much as I'd love another project I'm just too time poor to take this on at the moment.

Those lift mechanisms look good though, surely they interest someone on the list?

Kris

Aug 10, 2017, 2:41:07 AM8/10/17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
The actuators, while powerful, are slow and have terrible duty cycle.

I have two of these desks, and they are great desks while they work. They do bugger up if you over use them, have uneven weight or don't lube the sliders

Aug 10, 2017, 8:22:36 PM8/10/17
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Grrr, just my luck. My trailer is still unregistered and it won't be done for at least another couple of weeks. Other than that still interested. Oh well.

Where did you get it from originally? I really like the sturdiness of the frame.

Nathan von Hartitzsch

Aug 11, 2017, 12:58:28 AM8/11/17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

A R&D member by name of Kris rescue them from the bin at his place of work. 😉

Nathan

Kris

Jan 20, 2020, 4:17:09 AM1/20/20
to Robots & Dinosaurs

Hi All,

you may remember this thread from sometime ago (look below)

i had some giant steel powered lift and lower desks (with two memory functions).

I have two at home, one (A) is very reliable and has a white table top (almost exactly the same as pictures below).

The other (B) is less reliable and has a sacrificial top with holes in it (from a vice and a router).

Both A and B run quite well as long as you lube the runners, keep it level and don't put something really heavy on just one part.

Both of mine are modified like the below pictures.

They are offered for free, along with a caterpillar track and (on one) an ikea computer hanger. I am moving house and can't take them with me.

The desks are 910mm deep by 1860 wide. The height goes from 690 to 1036mm floor to desktop.

They are VERY heavy and you will need to unscrew the desktop in order to move them.

Free if you want them (you don't even have to take the desktops if you don't want to).

Here's the catch. You have to collect them from my house on Sunday 26th or Monday 27 of Jan. That's this weekend. I live on cressy road in Ryde (about 5 minutes drive from the space).

you can fit one in a full size ute...just. It is too heavy for a roof rack. I can help you load it, but not unload it.

Let me know.

Kris

Jan 20, 2020, 5:01:08 PM1/20/20
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Hi Kris,

I'm in the process of setting up a workship and might be keen on these, let me run it past the other guys who'll be working there and I'll get back to you sharpish.

Also potentially interested

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/sydney-hackspace.

Gareth Jones

Jan 22, 2020, 6:04:14 PM1/22/20
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Hi Kris,

The space we were about to lease might have fallen through, the curse of real estate agents. If they're stil there, awesome, if not c'est al vie.

Kris

Jan 22, 2020, 6:19:43 PM1/22/20
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Ok

Sent from my phone, please excuse my brevity.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sydney-hackspace/6312087d-e8d9-4856-8e66-830e34462ccd%40googlegroups.com.

Gareth Jones

Jan 23, 2020, 8:07:50 PM1/23/20
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Hi Kris,

So, the saga continues, I think we've worked out an *alternate* space, so that's good, but complicated. I'm not sure when we take it over. Do they 100% have to be gone this weekend?

Gareth Jones

Jan 24, 2020, 12:23:33 AM1/24/20
to Robots & Dinosaurs
So, have space, confirming when we get let in. As soon as I know, I'll let you know.

Kris

Jan 24, 2020, 4:32:14 PM1/24/20
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com

thanks.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sydney-hackspace/bcf61aa6-acda-4a68-a5eb-af96853eeda7%40googlegroups.com.

Gareth Jones

Jan 24, 2020, 4:59:32 PM1/24/20
to Robots & Dinosaurs
And now I know, have space want desks - is Monday still ok?

Kris

Jan 24, 2020, 5:43:33 PM1/24/20
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Yes, no worries.
I'll send you the address off list

Sent from my phone, please excuse my brevity.