help with inkscape gear

kris

May 19, 2015, 7:24:27 AM5/19/15
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
i've done it before, but now i can't seem to do it.

i have this rectangle (green one), and i have a wavy line that is my
rack (long one).
i want to join them together, so i end up with a rectangle where the top
surface is the rack

how do i do this in inkscape?

smb://mediafiler/media/Backups/CalcuBot9000/MyDocs/Chickendoor/chickendoorhandle.svg

chickendoorhandle.svg

Gav

May 19, 2015, 7:57:30 AM5/19/15
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
That took me a while. I played around with nodes and converting paths back and forth to objects before I finally figured they were red herrings.

The rack is actually a group. Ungroup it and then you should be able to do the 'union' operation on the rack and rectangle as normal. :-)

Cheers,
Gavin

kr...@sleepingplanet.com

May 20, 2015, 11:39:00 PM5/20/15
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com

ah!

thank you!

Ghost

May 21, 2015, 10:39:22 AM5/21/15
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Hello Yall...

While kicking about the space the other day, I noticed a DIY furnace. I am
wondering if anyone has used it for casting things. if so I would very
much like to have an attempt at casting parts I have printed on my
printer.

So I am wondering what is the deal with using the furnace at the space.
The rules and induction (or if a experienced punter can show how to use it
(assuming we are allowed to use it))

Cheers
Stephen

Jaz

May 21, 2015, 8:08:08 PM5/21/15
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
We had a few goes with it when the space was in Rockdale, which had an outdoor grassed area. You might have to take it to a nearby park.

Kris

May 21, 2015, 8:29:41 PM5/21/15
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
We did it in my garden last year.
Happy to host another workshop after June