opening hours / key policy

Ada Lim

Jun 14, 2016, 7:24:00 AM6/14/16
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
What are the opening hours of the space?

Furthermore, given what appears to be a paucity of opening hours
recently (I arrived approximately 160 minutes after today's opening
email was sent), what is the policy about "out-of-hours" access (not
that there seem to be particularly firmly set hours) for members? it
appears, approximately, to be related to the whimsy and caprices of
the minister of the interior.

and now that we're onto the topic of things that I'm unlikely to get
any information about, what is the relationship of robots and
dinosaurs to sydney robot workshop, is the arrangement for their use
of the space at certain times exclusive, when will bays be available
for rental to robodino members, and is our board actually working in
the best interest of the association?

-a

Tim

Jun 14, 2016, 10:33:59 PM6/14/16
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ada,

The opening hours are fairly fluid, and are based on attendance. we will try to be open on the listed times (Tuesday and Saturday) and stay open until everyone leaves. It is also open on other days on a less-regular basis. This isn't a perfect system and sometimes people can be screwed by this and for this we apologise. There have been numerous plans for a better solution (such as electronic doorkeepers) but these have never come to fruition.

After hours access is granted on a case-by-case basis, as new members are noticed to be not homicidal/sociopathic/dangerous they will be given a key. (probably a good time for everyone without a key to do some introspective soul-searching...).

I don't believe RoboDino will ever offer any official storage space to it's members. I think the potential headaches wouldn't be worth the risks, and the club could do better things with the space.

Tim

-a