The Space will be open New Years Day Jan 1 2018

kris

Dec 30, 2017, 3:59:50 PM12/30/17
to Robots & Dinosaurs, Rnd Announce
Hi All,

The space will be open from 10am tomorrow (Monday) till late.

It's a great day to come and have a look at our setup; if you've not
been before your first visit is free.

We are unit 10, 27 Bank Street, Meadow bank.

https://www.google.com/maps/@-33.815928,151.089365,3a,75y,332.3h,82.96t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1shAvQuXd4M0pXaM6sMh6Nyg!2e0

(enter from Meadow Crescent) There is parking on site and Meadowbank
railway station opposite.

I'll be mostly on the x-carve machine making an arcade machine.

Looking forward to seeing you all, and wishing you a happy new years eve
celebration.

Kris

Madox

Jan 1, 2018, 7:46:46 AM1/1/18
to Robots & Dinosaurs
How did the arcade machine building go?

Kris

Jan 1, 2018, 4:41:13 PM1/1/18
to Madox, Robots & Dinosaurs
It was ok, the X carve machine is pretty great but started skipping steps on the y axis toward the end.

I've got to make the rest of the frame then paint it.

On the software side I've tried using lakka and it seems ok but many games wouldn't run.
I'm going to try again with retropie and see if that's any different.
I'm using an rpi3 and I'm going to need to overclock it i want to run N64 or better.
I got some heatsinks

Apr 7, 2018, 3:49:10 AM4/7/18
to Kris, Robots & Dinosaurs
So is retropie the way to go or would you still go with lakka for the ease of set up?

Kris

Apr 7, 2018, 4:36:23 PM4/7/18
to Madox, Robots & Dinosaurs
Retropie.

I've tried recallbox and lakka.

Lakka did not work at all and had not very much support.

Recallbox worked but required messing about as did retropie.
Even if recallbox is 'simpler' it still requires configuration changes and the community support isn't as big as retropie.

So in other words, if you're going to have to get under the hood of both, you might as well choose the one that already has the answer in Google Vs having to ask in a forum.