Mold Making with Pinkysil

Darryl Adams

Oct 8, 2017, 1:45:46 AM10/8/17
to Robots & Dinosaurs
made my first mold with Pinkysil, and testing it now.

However as a two part mold it failed miserably as pour 1 and pour 2 bonded together. Do I need to use another substance with pinkysil like a release agent to stop it binding?

Thanks and regards

andrewl

Oct 8, 2017, 1:55:06 AM10/8/17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Yes you need a release agent. I use J-wax

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Darryl Adams

Oct 8, 2017, 2:21:11 AM10/8/17
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Thanks mate

Another Barnes order is in or

Sean McNamara

Oct 8, 2017, 5:27:45 AM10/8/17
to Robots & Dinosaurs
As a side note, if you are on good terms with anyone in the dental field, you might be able to score some dental silicon - it’s a two part mix that’s non-toxic (it’d want to be!), sets in a few minutes, and, for dental use, has an expiry date after which it can’t be used on patients any more.

This was one of the best tips I got while attending Oz KFest last month (Oz KFest is Australia’s premier multi-day Apple ][ gathering). I have several customers in the dental field :)

Talk soon,

Sean
> --

Sean McNamara