A question for any wordsmiths.

shykitten55

Apr 26, 2017, 6:14:20 AM4/26/17
to Robots & Dinosaurs
I hope I haven't asked this before, but here goes:

"Things that are different, by definition are the same."

Reasoning:
You are comparing many things to something.
As they are all DIFFERENT to the common thing, they all share the property of being the same in that respect.

So is that initial statement correct (and valid)?

Paul Hutchison

Apr 26, 2017, 6:32:02 AM4/26/17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
You asked that question and some others like it last year. Here's the thread for reference: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/sydney-hackspace/Zg-pNxZtngk/discussion

Hopefully we answered the question to your satisfaction :)

shykitten55

Apr 26, 2017, 6:38:07 AM4/26/17
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Honestly Paul,

I forgot.

New brain needed.

On 26 April 2017 at 20:14, shykitten55 <fuzzywu...@gmail.com> wrote:
I hope I haven't asked this before, but here goes:

"Things that are different, by definition are the same."

Reasoning:
You are comparing many things to something.
As they are all DIFFERENT to the common thing, they all share the property of being the same in that respect.

So is that initial statement correct (and valid)?

Paul Hutchison

Apr 26, 2017, 7:46:36 AM4/26/17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Hehe, I find myself having those sorts of moments with increasing frequency.  When are we getting a direct neural interface, anyway??  I  want to download my brain and have a computer remember everything for me. </ot>

kris

Apr 26, 2017, 7:43:44 PM4/26/17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
anyone ever post a question on a forum along the lines of "i have this
problem too, looking for a solution" only to find you also posted the
original question.

On 26/04/17 21:46, Paul Hutchison wrote:
> Hehe, I find myself having those sorts of moments with increasing
> frequency. When are we getting a direct neural interface, anyway?? I
> want to download my brain and have a computer remember everything for
> me. </ot>
>
> On 26 April 2017 at 20:38, shykitten55 <fuzzywu...@gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/group/sydney-hackspace>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>

> --

Iain Chalmers

Apr 26, 2017, 7:54:13 PM4/26/17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Anyone ever discovered a great Stackoverflow (or Quora or usenet of similar) post precisely answering and solving your current question/problem - and gone to thank the author only to realise it was you?

I'm getting too old for this shit...

big

On 27 April 2017 at 09:43, kris <Kr...@sleepingplanet.com> wrote:
anyone ever post a question on a forum along the lines of "i have this
problem too, looking for a solution" only to find you also posted the
original question.

On 26/04/17 21:46, Paul Hutchison wrote:
> Hehe, I find myself having those sorts of moments with increasing
> frequency.  When are we getting a direct neural interface, anyway??  I
>  want to download my brain and have a computer remember everything for
> me. </ot>
>
> On 26 April 2017 at 20:38, shykitten55 <fuzzywu...@gmail.com

>     To post to this group, send email to

>     Visit this group at
>     https://groups.google.com/group/sydney-hackspace
>     <https://groups.google.com/group/sydney-hackspace>.
>     <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>

> --

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.
That's the only way to be sure." - Ellen Ripley

kris

Apr 26, 2017, 8:02:32 PM4/26/17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
i often write how-to's for work, only when i go to save it i get the
message "this file already exists" :0(

Madox

Apr 30, 2017, 8:44:36 AM4/30/17
to Robots & Dinosaurs