Acri bond 105

kris

Jun 13, 2016, 10:16:07 PM6/13/16
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Hi all,
The space now has a supply of Acri-Bond 105 and an applicator bottle,
it's on top of all the other chemicals rather than in the glue box.
Acri bond is a cast acrylic weld, it makes both surfaces soft and sticky
and they 'meld' into each other, then the solvent evaporates leaving a
perfect join (after about 20 years of practise). That's probably not the
scientific explanation but it works for me.

Feel free to use it on your projects.
It takes a bit of practice so i suggest some youtubes and scrap piece
practices.

I've made a soap dish wireless charger.
It's not great, but it's not bad either.
the edges were bent with a hot air gun, a couple of blocks of wood and a
lack of attention to detail.

Wireless charger was from here:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Qi-Wireless-Charger-PCBA-Circuit-Board-With-Coil-Wireless-Charging-DIY-GA-GA-/201416323491?hash=item2ee55931a3:g:dL8AAOSwm8VUyJB7

the led's double as a night light.

IMG_20160614_113448.jpg
IMG_20160614_113459.jpg
IMG_20160614_113601.jpg

devastatorbadman

Jun 13, 2016, 11:41:20 PM6/13/16
to Robots & Dinosaurs, Kr...@sleepingplanet.com
I would also add that you should make sure you have enough ventilation when using it.
I did some acribond 105 work in my backyard and I got lightheaded even though I was outside.

James

Jason Ball

Jun 17, 2016, 2:33:21 AM6/17/16
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com, Kr...@sleepingplanet.com

The correct term is vulcanised isn't it?