Special swicth add-on to order?

Julian Sortland

Jul 24, 2016, 10:06:47 AM7/24/16
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to obtain a special toggle switch, but E14 won't have stock for months (and are $$$), and overseas supplies want US$30+ to ship.

NKK M2026 series is a "SP3T" toggle switch, which is actually two independent SPDT momentary switches.  Push up and (say) the left element switches while the right one stays as it is when the toggle is centred.  Push down and the right changes.  It is also called an (ON)-ON-(ON).  I need a M2026xxnW01 - the W being 240v 3A, and 01 solder tags.

Arrow has the common thin toggle option at the lowest price.  This is W2026SS1W01.  There are also BB1, B2B1 and similar thick toggle / large bush versions, ES1 (flattened toggle small bush), and various others (although soem would be special order).

M2026TJW01-FC-1A a snap-in rocker and -GC is the paddle version.

73,
Julian.

Julian Sortland, ALIATec, VK2YJS, AG6LE.

Ph:  0429 470 672

123 North Street
OBERON  NSW  2787
AUSTRALIA

Terry Dawson

Jul 26, 2016, 4:08:04 AM7/26/16
to Sydney Hackspace Mailing List
Julian,
I'm in London at the moment, staying near Soho. Do you know if there is anywhere nearby that might have it?

Terry

Julian Sortland

Jul 27, 2016, 3:13:12 AM7/27/16
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi Terry,

I looked at Marplin, and they don't have it.  It seems NKK restrict their sales to specific channels.

They do sell a rather intersting banana line socket: http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-4mm-right-angle-in-line-banana-socket-red-n09jn
It combined well with a strante BNC plug to Banana plug adapter I bought in Canada to make a nice wire antenna connector for an FT-817.

East London Electronics might be interesting to visit (but don't have the part)  http://www.elclondon.co.uk/

73,
Julian.

Julian Sortland

Aug 15, 2016, 5:25:43 AM8/15/16
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
I have found a suitable Tyco / TE Connectivity switch, although they call it a DP3T, (as it uses a 6 tab body) and got one at RS, for a more sensible price.  :)

It is part A215SYZQ04. This is (ON)-ON-(ON), or both sides momentary.

This allows the NC contact on one side of the switch to remain close while the NO on the other is closed to operate a relay wired to latch.  When the first NO is opened the relay drops.

Part:  http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/products/7109882/

They can also be wired as SP3T, and there are

The ON-ON-ON is:
TE Part No. A211SYZQ04, RS No: 710-9876

The ON-ON-(ON) is:
TE Part No. A213SYZQ04, RS No: 710-9889

Julian.

devastatorbadman

Aug 15, 2016, 7:21:15 AM8/15/16
to Robots & Dinosaurs
It was good to see you HADARC guys at the maker faire.
Thanks for coming past and saying hello.

I might come to one of your meetings later in the year.

James

`