Rasberry Pi and a Brother laser printer

shykitten55

Oct 6, 2016, 4:53:36 AM10/6/16
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Sorry folks, but I am kinda stuck for where to ask.

Its no big deal - as I have a couple of "real" machines if I need to print, but getting a printer driver for the Ras Pi would be nice.

As with me (typical) I buy incompatible things.   It seems to be a skill at which I am very good.  No matter what it is.   :)

I am reading that Brother is not really supportive of Linux (Ras Pi) and so are problematic.

But.....   I live in hope.
(Well, Sydney actually, but hey:  I'm trying.)

Does anyone know if it is possible?

The printer is a Brother HL-3150CDN.

Thanks in advance.

Kris

Oct 6, 2016, 5:09:05 AM10/6/16
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Try using the Lexmark Universal driver.
You might not get duplex working or certain tray control... But might be better than nothing