laser bed dimensions

Ghost

Feb 14, 2015, 4:31:18 AM2/14/15
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks.

I have not fallen off the edge of the earth. I have been very busy with work.

anyhoo can someone please confirm the dimensions of the laser bed as I
just need to confirm my next project :)

Cheers
Stephen

Kris

Feb 14, 2015, 4:47:45 AM2/14/15
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen,
From our wiki :o)

There are some obstructions into the working area due to the bed lift mechanism, so it's not a pure 300x450mm rectangle. There will be a template near the machine we can use to mark out stock before cutting. Alternatively you can put purely rectangular stock of a size up to about 260x420mm straight in the machine.

Tim

Feb 14, 2015, 5:23:33 AM2/14/15
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com

Sadly community wikis are managed by groups of people who usually have better things to do then manage wikis. :P

The laser bed on our current laser is about 620x380, but if you are stretching the limits measure it out first. You want to check the range of the laser head, not the size the bed.

The wiki information was for the last laser which was smaller.

Tim.

Kris

Feb 14, 2015, 6:01:37 AM2/14/15
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Oh ffs .
I'll change the wiki in the morning.
I've just finished making a spice rack inkscape. I could have put extra spices in!

Tim

Feb 14, 2015, 6:17:58 AM2/14/15

On 14/02/2015 10:01 pm, "Kris" <kr...@sleepingplanet.com> wrote:

> Oh ffs .
> I'll change the wiki in the morning.

That's what everyone says :)

Ghost

Feb 14, 2015, 8:46:54 AM2/14/15
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for getting back to me

the big bit is 338mm by 420mm (the board will be larger) so at the end of
the day it will fit. :D

I thought it might because the Prusa i3 was larger then the size in the
wiki but I manage to cut it...

I hope to see you folks on Monday or Tuesday :)

Cheers
Stephen Howard

John Slee

Feb 20, 2015, 7:45:09 AM2/20/15
On Saturday, 14 February 2015 21:23:33 UTC+11, Tim wrote:

The laser bed on our current laser is about 620x380, but if you are stretching the limits measure it out first. You want to check the range of the laser head, not the size the bed.

The end cheeks I cut for my modular synth were about 590mm in X and I remember that being very nearly as far as it would go. I doubt there's more than another 10mm in it

Will be playing that game again soon for chassis #3. One does not simply finish a modular

John