My M Prime is working

Darryl Adams

May 26, 2016, 3:40:23 AM5/26/16
to Robots & Dinosaurs
With thanks to Gav for showing some of the issues of working with 3 dimensions, the printer I have been working on for months is officially printing!

Still some bugs as the bed is not universally level, but I am testing on a Lizard (as you do) so I can see what heppens....

Kevan Morgan

May 27, 2016, 12:19:12 AM5/27/16
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Darryl.

Did you source the parts locally or from their store? What was the approximate cost in Aus$?

Regards,
Kevan

Darryl Adams

May 27, 2016, 2:37:15 AM5/27/16
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com

A mixture of local, local online and ebay sellers.

Mr Stainless for the rods $50
Local perspex seller for sheet for 2 printers $50
Ebay stepper shop (local) $75 for 5 steppers
Ramps and Mega: $35 (China via ebay)
Bearings, linner bearings nuts and what not $25 (China via ebay and element 14)
Hotend $10 (china)

The rest was printed on the up at home or at the space. So less than $300 when you add ABS

Kevan Morgan

May 27, 2016, 4:07:03 AM5/27/16
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Darren.