Urgent help needed for community bookscanner - Can I borrow your camera?

Gav

Jun 12, 2016, 8:22:41 PM6/12/16
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

A few of you have seen me working on the bookscanner recently. I've had the hardware done for about 3 years now, but the software is an absolute nightmare.

I really want to get the bookscanner finished so I can get a bunch of book scanned for myself, but also I like the idea of the space having it as a resource for people to use.

Anyway, I was hoping to use this long weekend to get it sorted, and I'm 90% done.

If you have a Canon camera on the list below, can I borrow it off you for a short time?
I'm happy to drive anywhere in Sydney today to collect it.

If your model is not on the list please don't respond.  I've spent many hours going through software and I already have a big pile of cameras on my kitchen table that do most of the functionality, but miss certain things and aren't suitable. Much appreciate the thought though.

Thanks to everyone and I apologies for the amount of scrabbling through boxes and drawers this email might cause.

Cheers,
Gavin

The list:
Canon PowerShot A2500
Canon PowerShot ELPH/IXUS 160
Canon PowerShot G7
Canon PowerShot G9
Canon PowerShot G10
Canon PowerShot S2 IS
Canon PowerShot S3 IS
Canon PowerShot S5 IS
Canon PowerShot S80
Canon PowerShot S100
Canon PowerShot S110
Canon PowerShot SX100 IS
Canon PowerShot SX110 IS

Max Nippard

Jun 12, 2016, 11:48:23 PM6/12/16
to Robots & Dinosaurs
I have a G7 and possibly an S80. I'll be in this evening or post them tomorrow

Max Nippard

Jun 13, 2016, 6:15:03 AM6/13/16
to Robots & Dinosaurs
No S80, I'll post the G7 tomorrow

Julian Sortland

Jun 13, 2016, 8:34:42 AM6/13/16
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
IXUS for digital is a weird name - it comes form IX, meaning Information eXchange, as part of IX240, the techie name for APS / Andantix film.  It refers to the fact that there is a magnetic layer in the film, which allows the format to print to be selected, number of prints (up to 10 for a group pic), or zero for a fluffed shot).

On 13 June 2016 at 20:15, Max Nippard <mnip...@gmail.com> wrote:
No S80, I'll post the G7 tomorrow

Julian Sortland, ALIATec, VK2YJS, AG6LE.

Ph:  0429 470 672

123 North Street
OBERON  NSW  2787
AUSTRALIA